Realogy Employees Donate $20,000 to Local Charities
April 28, 2016 // Franchising.com // Madison, N.J. - Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), a global leader in real estate franchising and provider of real estate brokerage, relocation and settlement services, announced today the distribution of $20,000 to be split among six New Jersey charities and the American Heart Association through Realogy Cares, the New Jersey Chapter of the Realogy Charitable Foundation. The Realogy Charitable Foundation operates 31 local chapters across 27 states that raised and donated $2.6 million to 761 charities in 2015.
“I am proud that through Realogy Cares, employees are able to support charitable efforts in our community and beyond,” said Sunita Holzer, chief human resources officer, Realogy. “Through their generosity, we are able to help those in need.”
The funds raised were donated by employees at Realogy’s Madison, New Jersey headquarters and distributed to the following charities:
- Community Soup Kitchen and Outreach Center (Morristown): Provides free, nutritious meals in a safe environment to those in need.
- Coupons for the Community (Sparta): Collects unwanted coupons to provide food and non-edible necessities for the community, food pantries and food banks.
- Family Promise of Morris County (Morristown): Dedicated to ending the crisis of homelessness faced by Morris County families by partnering with other public and private agencies, religious congregations and community volunteers to provide shelter, case management and mentoring services leading to self-sufficiency.
- Homeless Solutions (Morristown): Offers shelter, services, and supportive housing to homeless and low-income people in Morris County, New Jersey.
- Move for Hunger (Asbury Park): Teams up with relocation companies across the country to pick up the unwanted, non-perishable food items from those who are moving and delivers it to local food banks.
- Preschool Advantage (Morris Plains): Funds quality preschool education in Morris County and surrounding communities for children of families in need.
- American Heart Association: The nation’s oldest and largest voluntary organization dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke. It funds innovative research, fights for stronger public health policies, and provides critical tools and information to save and improve lives.
Realogy Cares is the New Jersey Chapter of the Realogy Charitable Foundation. The Realogy Charitable Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization supporting the philanthropic and volunteer activities of Realogy Holdings Corp. and its family of companies. Since 2004, the Foundation has coordinated the efforts of volunteers across the country to increase funding and awareness for local charities. The Realogy Charitable Foundation is incorporated in Delaware and its tax ID is 20-0755090.
About Realogy Holdings Corp.
Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) is a global leader in residential real estate franchising and brokerage with many of the best-known industry brands including Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, The Corcoran Group®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty® and ZipRealty®. Collectively, Realogy's franchise system members operate approximately 13,600 offices with more than 256,800 independent sales associates conducting business in 110 countries and territories around the world. NRT LLC, Realogy’s company-owned real estate brokerage, is the largest residential brokerage company in the United States, operates under several of Realogy’s brands and also provides related residential real estate services. The Company also owns Cartus, a prominent worldwide provider of relocation services to corporate and affinity clients, and Title Resource Group, a leading provider of title, settlement and underwriting services. Realogy is headquartered in Madison, New Jersey.
SOURCE Realogy Holdings Corp.