The Intero Foundation Awards $47,500 to Local Children-Focused Organizations in April
More Than $110,000 Has Been Given In 2016
CUPERTINO, Calif. - May 10, 2016 - (BUSINESS WIRE) - The Intero Foundation, a non-profit devoted to helping children in need, announced their latest round of funding supported by Intero’s offices in Los Gatos, San Jose (Willow Glen) and Saratoga. The Foundation donated $47,500 to local nonprofits that support low-income and disadvantaged youth. Since its inception, the Foundation, which is funded, promoted and governed by Intero Real Estate’s agents and employees, has raised more than $4.5 million.
“When we started Intero, we knew supporting our communities had to be a key core value of our company,” said Tom Tognoli, Intero President & CEO. “But 14 years later, I’m still amazed by the generosity and giving nature of our agents and employees every time we distribute these grants.”
Recipients of the April grants include:
- Sacred Heart Nativity School (SHNS): The school was awarded $7,500 to purchase educational technology software focusing on language that adapts to a student’s level of learning. SHNS is the only free college prep school in the Bay Area and currently serves 127 low-income students.
- InnVision Shelter Network: The organization received $6,000 to purchase materials for its Summer Adventure Camp. The six-week camp serves 100 homeless children ranging in age from 5-14.
- Breakthrough Silicon Valley: The nonprofit received $5,000, which will be used to support an afterschool program that helps get college-bound students through the college admission process.
- Shop with a Cop: The nonprofit was awarded $7,000 to support a Target shopping spree for children ages 5-12 that will be accompanied by a uniformed police officer. The program, which serves children who have experienced the loss of a parent through a violent crime or domestic violence, teams children with officers to give them a positive perspective of law enforcement.
- Far West Wheelchair Athletic Association: The nonprofit received $6,000 to support a 7-day junior sport camp for 30 kids ranging in age from 5-21. The camp teaches the kids adaptive sports and life skills.
- Cake 4 Kids: The nonprofit received $5,000 to purchase software to help coordinate and expand volunteers who bake and deliver customized birthday cakes for homeless and foster kids.
- Jose Valdes Math Foundation: The nonprofit received $6,000 to support math tutoring on a college campus for kids who are 3 years behind in their math skills.
- Animal Assisted Happiness: The nonprofit received $5,000 for the Barnyard Friends to bring therapeutic animals onsite to organizations that support disabled and autistic children.
To find out more about the Intero Foundation, visit us at interofoundation.org.
About the Intero Foundation
Funded, promoted and governed by Intero agents and employees, the Intero Foundation is a non–profit organization guided by the principle that one must give in order to receive, and is committed to helping children in need. Since its inception in 2002, the organization has raised more than $4 million and has supported over 150 charities that positively impact the growth and well-being of children in need.
About the Intero® Brand
Intero Real Estate Services, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate and wholly owned subsidiary of HomeServices of America Inc, serves Northern California with 16 offices throughout the greater Silicon Valley. The Intero Franchise network is comprised of nearly 50 affiliates located in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, Tennessee and Texas. The company is headquartered in California’s Silicon Valley.
Find more information about Intero at www.interorealestate.com. Find more information about HomeServices atwww.homeservices.com.
SOURCE Intero Real Estate Services, Inc.
Intero Real Estate Services