Muscle Maker Grill Announces Key Corporate Promotions And Additions To Support Its Strategic Growth Plan
Rapidly Growing Health-Focused Fast Casual Brand Announces Changes in Its Operations, Finance and Construction Departments
August 08, 2016 // Franchising.com // HOUSTON, TX – Muscle Maker Grill®, the rapidly expanding fast-casual restaurant brand, promoting a healthy lifestyle by offering nutritious alternatives to traditional dishes, is proud to announce that the company has made some significant changes and additions to its corporate team to help support the company’s aggressive expansion nationwide.
Muscle Maker Grill’s promotions and new hires include the following additions to its growing corporate team:
- Derek Bogner has been promoted to Vice President of Franchise Operations. In this role, Mr. Bogner will oversee national restaurant operations throughout the Muscle Maker Grill franchise system to maximize unit volume and sales growth. He will also be responsible for overall franchisee support, brand consistency and system compliance. Mr. Bogner joined Muscle Maker Grill as a General Manager in 2009, working his way up the corporate ladder and holding the titles of District Manager followed by Director of Franchise Operations. He will support the system nationally.
- Scott Carlock has been hired as Chief Financial Officer. Mr. Carlock has more than 20 years of experience in all aspects of financial reporting, forecasting and planning. He previously served as Chief Financial Officer at the fast-casual brand, COSI. He also worked for more than 13 years at YUM! BRANDS, INC., holding several key accounting and finance roles during his time with YUM. At Muscle Maker Grill, Mr. Carlock will assist in the strategic planning of the company as well as manage and oversee all fiscal reporting activities and the maintenance of internal controls. A graduate of Bryant College in Smithfield, RI, Mr. Carlock is based out of the company’s corporate office in Houston, TX.
- David LaPointe has been promoted to Director of Corporate Operations. With 25 years of experience developing and operating fast-casual and full service restaurant concepts, Mr. LaPointe will oversee openings and operations of all corporate stores in the Muscle Maker Grill footprint. He previously worked as a District Manager for Muscle Maker Grill and was responsible for training, development and support for franchisees in the New York metro area as well as assisting out-of-region franchises. He has also assisted with product development and the implementation of limited time menu offerings for the brand. A graduate of Holy Cross College, Worcestor, MA, Mr. LaPointe has been married for 25 years and has two college age sons.
- Patrick Chiacchia has been hired as Director of Non-Traditional Development. Specializing in non-traditional development and multi-unit national roll-outs for start-up retailers, Mr. Chiacchia will assist franchisees in locating profitable sites, develop military and university locations as well as expand corporately-owned stores in new markets on the east coast. He has extensive experience selling franchises to operators in airports, military bases and federal buildings as well as developing strategic relationships with various food service companies. Prior to joining Muscle Maker Grill, he held positions at UFood Restaurant Group, Boston Market, Einstein’s Brothers Bagels and Blockbuster Video. He is a graduate of Bentley University in Waltham, MA and the Harvard University Graduate School of Education and will be working from a satellite office in Boston.
- James Ginger has been hired as Director of Construction. In this role, Mr. Ginger will use his expertise in restaurant buildouts, remodels and renovations from previous experience at Hilton, Hyatt and Holiday Inn properties to lead the proper execution of restaurant layout and design of new locations for Muscle Maker Grill. He will also play an integral role in the hiring and management of contractors and associated vendors. A native of Chicago, IL, Mr. Ginger will manage all facets of construction and transactions from Muscle Maker Grill’s corporate office in Houston, TX.
“I am pleased to announce the latest round of promotions and new additions to our rapidly expanding Muscle Maker Grill family,” said Robert E. Morgan, President and Chief Executive Officer of Muscle Maker Grill. “The growth we’ve experienced over the past two years has been unprecedented. The key to that success is to have an aggressive plan with the right team in place to execute it. I am confident that each of these individuals will make a positive impact in their respective departments as we continue our expansion in new and existing markets.”
Founded in 1995, Muscle Maker Grill provides its guests healthier versions of mainstream-favorite dishes that taste great, making it easy, affordable and enjoyable to eat healthy. Muscle Maker Grill’s diverse menu was created for everyone – fitness enthusiasts, those starting their journey to a healthier lifestyle, and people trying to eat better while on-the-go. Providing “Great Food with Your Health in Mind,” Muscle Maker Grill’s menu features items with grass-fed steak and all-natural chicken, as well as options that satisfy all dietary preferences – from the carb-free consumer and guests following a gluten-free diet and vegetarians. Muscle Maker Grill does not sacrifice taste to serve healthy options. Now, guests can have delicious, nutritionally balanced food without the regret. More than just food, Muscle Maker Grill restaurants are a friendly, relaxed and social environment where guests can enjoy great-tasting food and engage with fellow health enthusiasts in their area.
For more information on Muscle Maker Grill and its menu, visit www.musclemakergrill.com. Muscle Maker Grill also can be found on Facebook, where fans can participate in online promotions, engage with other health-conscious individuals and receive updates on new menu items, store openings and tips on how to live a healthy lifestyle, and its Muscle Maker Grill TV YouTube Channel.
About Muscle Maker Grill
Muscle Maker Grill features high-quality, great-tasting food, freshly prepared with guest’s health in mind. Its lean, protein-based menu features chicken, seafood, pasta, burgers, wraps, and entrée salads. Muscle Maker Grill also offers a wide selection of fruit smoothies in a variety of assorted flavors, protein shakes and supplements. With offices in New Jersey and Houston, TX, Muscle Maker Grill has nearly 50 franchised and corporate restaurants in 14 states. For more information on Muscle Maker Grill, including how to become a franchise partner, visit www.musclemakergrill.com.
SOURCE Muscle Maker Grill
BML Public Relations