ServiceMaster Employees Give Back to Communities Across the Nation, Third Annual #WeServeDay
"We Serve Day" Celebrates Legacy of Service in Communities Across the U.S
MEMPHIS, TN - (Marketwired - August 19, 2016) - Today more than 1,000 employees from ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SERV), a leading provider of essential residential and commercial services, are gearing up to be a part of something special by volunteering with community organizations across the United States. As part of its third annual We Serve Day, ServiceMaster employees will undertake more than 65 simultaneous volunteer efforts, giving back to local communities where they live and work.
"ServiceMaster is built on a foundation of providing service - to our customers and the communities where our employees work and live," said Rob Gillette, ServiceMaster's chief executive officer. "This year we are giving back in greater ways - we have more employee volunteers in more cities serving twice as many community organizations than we supported last year."
ServiceMaster employees will volunteer in activities ranging from neighborhood beautification projects, preparing lunches and baking cookies for families and partnering with the Make-A-Wish Foundation to grant a child's wish.
Local volunteer efforts include projects to support:
- Memphis: Advance Memphis, Alpha Omega Veterans Services, American Red Cross, Ava Maria, Deneuville Learning Center, FedEx Family House, Girl Scouts Heart of the South, Hope House, Humane Society, Junior Achievement of the Mid-South, LeBonheur Children's Hospital, Madonna Learning Center, Make-A-Wish, Memphis Gay & Lesbian Community Center, Mid-South Food Bank, MIFA, National Civil Rights Museum, Shelby Farms, St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, Vance Avenue Youth Development Center, Youth Villages
- Carroll, Iowa: Elderbridge Agency on Aging, Family Resource Center, New Hope Bargain Shop
- Dallas: Christian Community Action Center
- La Grange, Ga.: Boys and Girls Club, Senior Center, Literacy or Hospice Center
- Madison, Wis.: Ronald McDonald House
- Salem, Ore.: Talking Farm
In addition, field sales employees from ServiceMaster's American Home Shield business will participate in a variety of projects across an additional 27 cities.
"Giving back year-round is who we are, it's engrained in our culture," said Velvet Graham, senior director of events and community relations. "We Serve Day is about being a part of something special, and our employees look forward to this event every year. Even though giving back is part of our culture 365 days a year, We Serve Day brings everyone together for this special day to live our legacy of service."
For more information on the ServiceMaster We Serve Day and to keep up with events in real-time, follow the company on Facebook at facebook.com/ServiceMaster and Twitter at twitter.com/ServiceMaster.
ServiceMaster (NYSE: SERV) solves the homeowner's dilemma. Every day, we visit more than 75,000 homes and businesses through our extensive service network of expert professionals. Technology powers our trusted experts to engage with customers so they can order, buy and receive services when, where and how they want them. Our well-recognized brands includes American Home Shield (home warranties), AmeriSpec (home inspections), Furniture Medic (furniture repair), Merry Maids (residential cleaning), ServiceMaster Clean (janitorial and residential floor cleaning), ServiceMaster Restore (disaster restoration) and Terminix (termite and pest control). Like, follow or visit us at facebook.com/ServiceMaster, linkedin.com/ServiceMaster, twitter.com/ServiceMaster, or servicemaster.com.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances