Top Five Things to Do Now to Get Your Home Ready for Fall
After the long, hot, summer your HVAC system may need some attention before the start of fall. Here's a quick checklist from the professionals at One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of things you can do right now to prepare.
SARASOTA, Fla. - Sept. 20, 2016 // PRNewswire // - Fall officially starts on Thursday, and even if the weather doesn't feel like fall yet, the professionals at One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® say now is a good time to run through this checklist to get your home ready for the cooler weather.
- Replace your air filters. A clogged or dirty filter can make your system work harder, which uses more energy. It can also damage your system. Replace your filters once a month or as recommended by your system's manufacturer.
- Seal up Leaks. Take a quick walk around your home to check for cracks and gaps around windows and doors. This could let the heat out and cold air in. Now is a good time to find these leaks and seal them up. In cooler climates consider a humidifier to make your home more pleasant in the fall and winter.
- Replace the batteries in your programmable thermostat to make sure it operates all season. Now is also a good time to consider upgrading to our Wi-Fi thermostat, so you can control and monitor the temperature in your home, especially while you are away. Now is a good time to replace the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors too.
- Tidy up. During the warmer months, flammable materials like paint or cleaning supplies may have been placed near your heating systems. This could be a safety hazard. Clear the area around your furnace or heating system and make sure furniture and rugs are not blocking your vents and registers.
- Get a tune-up. We recommend having a professional clean and inspect your heating and cooling system twice a year. A professional can help maintain your system which can extend the product life and help reduce the frequency and severity of breakdowns.
For more information on preparing your home for the upcoming fall season, contact your local One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning.
About One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning
One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® is currently ranked as the #1 HVAC franchise in Entrepreneur magazine's annual Franchise 500 (January 2016.) One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning puts an emphasis on trust, customer service and courtesy. Our work is completed in a prompt, accurate, and efficient manner. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning is part of the Direct Energy family of brands. ©2016 Clockwork IP, LLC
SOURCE One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning