Rib Crib’s 2016 Pitmasters Golf Tournament Raises $100,000 for Tulsa Charities
October 17, 2016 // Franchising.com // Tulsa, Okla. – Rib Crib BBQ & Grill presented $100,000 to local Tulsa charities on Sept. 22 at 1p.m. at their company headquarters from proceeds of their 14th annual golf invitational, the 2016 Pitmasters Golf Tournament
In a new twist this year, Rib Crib chose not one, but five local non-profit organizations to benefit from the Pitmasters event. More than 140 golfers came out in support of The Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma, The Children’s Hospital at Saint Francis, the Oklahoma Animal Care Foundation, the Tulsa Zoo and 12&12.
“We are excited to present the tournament proceeds checks to these wonderful community service and enrichment entities on behalf of all of our golfers, sponsors and employees,” said Bret Chandler, Rib Crib founder.
Representing each agency for the check presentations on Thursday will be Eileen Bradshaw, Executive Director of the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma; Kacie Frazier, Program Director at The Children’s Hospital Foundation; Bob Poteet, Trustee of the Oklahoma Animal Care Foundation Board; Terrie Correll, CEO & President at the Tulsa Zoo Foundation; and Bryan Day, CEO of 12&12.
“Our vendors, sponsors and participating golfers’ generosity make these charitable gifts possible, but our Rib Crib employees and volunteers make the day the resounding success it was,” said Chandler. “We are proud and grateful for everyone’s contributions. We are honored to be able to give back to our community in this way.”
The tournament was held at the 18-hole Tillinghast-designed Oaks Country Club last summer, featuring a shot-gun start four-person scramble, hole prizes, an all-you-can-eat Rib Crib BBQ luncheon, and competitive live and silent auctions.
Rib Crib wishes to acknowledge the many contributors of financial, in-kind and services donations to make this tournament and community outreach possible. A special thanks goes to tournament presenting sponsor, Prosperity Bank.
Rib Crib vendors and major sponsors were Andreini and Company, Auto-Chlor Services, Tyson Foods, Saint Francis Health System, The Barkley Law Firm, Barcas, Dr. Pepper, The Holmes Organisation, Curtis Restaurant Supply, McCain Foods and Farmer Brothers. Top sponsors included Ventura Foods, Ben E. Keith Co., Decision Logic, Sweet Street Desserts, Jetlinx, Smithfield and UBS. A special thanks to our many hole sponsors as well as to Waller & Company Public Relations for publicity assistance.
About Rib Crib BBQ & Grill
With 61 locations in eight states, Tulsa-based Rib Crib BBQ & Grill offers a fast casual environment and family-friendly menu featuring a wide variety of hickory-smoked meats served in sandwiches, dinners, salads and combination platters. Open daily for lunch and dinner, Rib Crib’s bold barbecue is perfect for dining in, carryout or catering. The Tulsa-based company with headquarters located at 4535 S. Harvard Ave. For more information about Rib Crib BBQ & Grill, or past tournament charities and team results, visit www.ribcrib.com.
About Rib Crib Tournament 2016 Causes
- The Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma is the largest, private hunger-relief organization in eastern Oklahoma, providing food and other donated product to 450 Partner Programs in 24 counties of eastern Oklahoma and more than 346,000 meals to hungry Oklahomans each week.
- The Children’s Hospital at Saint Francis was founded to welcome and foster charitable giving to and to provide and care for the special spiritual, emotional and physical needs of children and their families. Funds raised support pediatric care, programming and facilities for sick children, regardless of their ability to pay.
- The Oklahoma Animal Care Foundation is committed to improving the health and welfare of animals in Oklahoma through education, public service and disaster response activities.
- The Tulsa Zoo & Living Museum inspires a passion for wildlife in every guest, every day as one of the state’s leading wildlife education and conservation resources. Tulsa Zoo Management, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, operates the zoo for owner the City of Tulsa. Funds from this event will help build a bigger, better zoo.
- 12 & 12 offers life-saving recovery tools for adults suffering with addiction or co-existing mental health and substance use disorders to achieve individualized recoveries. They are a leader in the substance abuse and addiction treatment and recovery fields and the largest non-profit addiction treatment facility in the four-state area.
SOURCE Rib Crib
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances