Applebee's® to Celebrate Veterans Day by Offering All Veterans and Active Duty Military Personnel a Free Meal
America's Largest Casual Dining Restaurant Honors Military Heroes for Ninth Consecutive Year
GLENDALE, Calif. - Nov. 3, 2016 // PRNewswire // - For the ninth consecutive year, Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar® will honor veterans and active members of the United States military by offering each a free meal at any of the nearly 1,900 Applebee's restaurants in the United States on Veterans Day, Friday, November 11, 2016.
Experience the interactive Multimedia News Release here: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/74280521-applebees-celebrates-veterans-day
Since 2008, Applebee's restaurants across the country have served almost eight million free meals to veterans and active duty military personnel on Veterans Day. This year all current and former military personnel will also receive a $5 coupon that can be redeemed between November 12 and November 27, 2016.
"Applebee's was one of the first restaurant chains in the country to honor our veterans and active service men and women by welcoming them into our restaurants across the country for a free meal on Veterans Day," said Julia Stewart, chairman and CEO of Applebee's parent company DineEquity, Inc. [NYSE: DIN] and president of Applebee's. "This is a day our Applebee's family looks forward to year in and year out. We are proud to be able to serve and honor the heroes in our neighborhoods who have sacrificed so much to protect the freedom of our great country."
Applebee's will offer seven of its signature menu items on its Veterans Day menu:
- Butcher's Meat and Potatoes – The classic steakhouse cut, savory to the last bite. Served with seasonal vegetables and a choice of garlic mashed potatoes or baked potato.
- Oriental Chicken Salad – Fresh Asian greens tossed in a tasty Oriental vinaigrette and topped with crispy noodles, toasted almonds and golden fried chicken.
- Fiesta Lime Chicken® - Grilled chicken done fiesta style, with zesty lime sauce, Mexi-ranch and Jack cheddar, served with crisp tortilla strips, seasoned rice and freshly made pico de gallo.
- Chicken Tenders Platter – Tender, juicy, breaded and downright delicious, served with Honey Dijon mustard, fries and cole slaw.
- Double Crunch Shrimp – A generous portion of succulent shrimp, golden fried to crunchy perfection and served with fries, cole slaw and cocktail sauce.
- Three-Cheese Chicken Penne – A blend of Italian cheeses tops a rich mix of penne pasta, grilled chicken, bruschetta tomatoes, fresh basil and creamy Alfredo sauce.
- American Standard All-In Burger® - The Applebee's signature burger, with pickles, bacon and onion seared in and topped with American cheese and grill sauce.
Free meals will be available at all of the nearly 1,900 Applebee's locations nationwide. In order to receive a free meal on Friday, November 11, 2016, guests need to provide proof of military service, which includes: U.S. Uniform Services Identification Card, U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, Current Leave and Earnings Statement, Veterans Organization Card, photograph in uniform or wearing uniform, DD214, Citation or Commendation.
In addition, Applebee's will again invite everyone to join the Thank You Movement by sending personal messages of gratitude to current and former Armed Service members at ThankYouMovement.com. Over the past five years, more than nine million messages have been sent through the Thank You Movement to those who have defended and continue to defend the nation. Guests can also visit the site to find their local Applebee's.
Friday, November 11, 2016, is also Remembrance Day in Canada. Applebee's restaurants in Canada will be offering free meals to all Canadian active and retired armed forces personnel on this day.
Offer is valid for limited menu items only. Menu selection and participation may vary. Dine-in only. Traditional sides are included with free entrees; 2 for $20 appetizers, upgraded side items or extras, beverages, desserts and gratuity are not included. Applebee's will offer free meals for veterans and active duty military during normal business hours on Friday, Nov. 11. Hours vary by location, so guests should call their local Applebee's restaurant in advance to inquire about specific location hours. Applebee's encourages guests to call their local Applebee's or visitwww.applebees.com for more information.
Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar offers a lively bar and grill experience combining hand-crafted drinks and simple, craveable American fare with flair. All Applebee's restaurants are owned and operated by entrepreneurs dedicated to serving their communities and offering the best in food and drinks with genuine, neighborly service. With 1,900 locations now in all 50 states, Guam, Puerto Rico and 15 countries, Applebee's is one of the world's largest casual dining brands. Applebee's is franchised by subsidiaries of DineEquity, Inc. [NYSE: DIN], which is among the world's largest full-service restaurant companies.
SOURCE Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar
Cohn & Wolfe
On behalf of Applebee's
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances