Join The Merry Mission At Build-A-Bear Workshop To Support Boys & Girls Clubs Of America
ST. LOUIS, - Nov. 10, 2016 // PRNewswire // - 'Tis the season for giving and giving back, and Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. (NYSE: BBW), an interactive destination where guests can create personalized furry friends, is kicking off its annual Merry Mission charitable program this week through a new partnership supporting Boys & Girls Clubs of America. In the spirit of the brand's mission to "add a little more heart to life," Build-A-Bear Workshop is providing guests with a number of opportunities to give back in stores and online throughout the holiday season.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop invites guests to join the Merry Mission by making furry friends and donating funds to support Boys & Girls Clubs of America, which helps young people achieve great futures in safe places where they can learn and grow. This is the first year Build-A-Bear Workshop and the Build-A-Bear Foundation have teamed up with Boys & Girls Clubs of America in a national partnership.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop and the Build-A-Bear Foundation have also partnered with Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada (BGCC), as well as Barnardo's in the United Kingdom, for the 2016 holiday season.
How / When: To encourage the spirit of giving all season long, starting this week, guests can participate in the following ways:
- This weekend, Nov. 11 – 13: Visitors to every U.S. Build-A-Bear Workshop location can help make bears at no charge to donate to local Boys & Girls Clubs, up to 70 bears per store.
- Now – Nov. 23: Help Build-A-Bear Workshop make the merriest "nice list" holiday paper chain for Boys & Girls Clubs of America. For each of the first 50,000 paper links created and signed with a guest's name in Build-A-Bear Workshop stores, the Build-A-Bear Foundation will donate $1 to Boys & Girls Clubs of America, up to $50,000. When finished, the links will be sent to local Boys & Girls Clubs for children to create holiday garlands.
- Now – Dec. 31: Throughout the holidays, guests can make a donation to Boys & Girls Clubs of America at checkout.
- Ongoing: Ten percent (10%) of the net profits from the sale of Life is Good furry friend T-shirts, up to $20,000, will be donated to Life is Good Kids Foundation to support their work with Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
Funds from the U.S. holiday campaign will be split 50/50: 50 percent of funding will go to the national Boys & Girls Clubs of America organization and 50 percent will go to local Boys & Girls Clubs.
Where: Build-A-Bear Workshop stores
For store locations, please visit: http://www.buildabear.com/shopping/storefinder/findAStore.jsp
Founded in St. Louis in 1997, Build-A-Bear, a global brand kids love and parents trust, seeks to add a little more heart to life. Build-A-Bear Workshop has approximately 400 stores worldwide where guests can create customizable furry friends, including company-owned stores in the United States, Canada, Denmark, Ireland, Puerto Rico, the United Kingdom and China, and franchise stores in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, Mexico and the Middle East. The company was named to the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the eighth year in a row in 2016. Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. (NYSE: BBW) posted a total revenue of $377.7 million in fiscal 2015. For more information, visit buildabear.com.
About Boys & Girls Clubs of America
For more than 150 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of America (www.bgca.org) has enabled young people most in need to achieve great futures as productive, caring, responsible citizens. Today, more than 4,200 Clubs serve nearly 4 million young people through Club membership and community outreach. Clubs are located in cities, towns, public housing and on Native lands throughout the country, and serve military families in BGCA-affiliated Youth Centers on U.S. military installations worldwide. They provide a safe place, caring adult mentors, fun and friendship, and high-impact youth development programs on a daily basis during critical non-school hours. Club programs promote academic success, good character and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles. In a Nielsen Survey of alumni, 54 percent said the Club saved their lives. National headquarters are located in Atlanta. Learn more at Facebook and Twitter.
SOURCE Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc.
(314) 423-8000, ext. 5367
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Moving and Storage
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business