Realogy Furthers Its Commitment to Ethics and Integrity
5-Time World’s Most Ethical Company Designee Shares Best Practices
November 30, 2016 // Franchising.com // MADISON, N.J. - For Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), conducting business ethically and with integrity is a core value that is embraced by its leadership and employees. That commitment has resulted in the company being named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute in each of the past five years. In its continuing effort to continue the ethics conversation to external professional audiences, Realogy recently shared its best practices across multiple platforms including an article by Realogy Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President Richard A. Smith in Ethisphere Magazine. Realogy also participated at two ethics panel discussions and hosted local college students at its headquarters for a discussion on business ethics.
“You need only look at the news headlines for an indication of the seriousness of issues facing companies that do not act in an ethical manner,” said Elisabeth Gehringer, Realogy’s chief ethics and compliance officer. “It is important to go beyond simply having a company code of ethics. At Realogy, we strive to engage employees in our ethics program so that they have a clear understanding of how to conduct business with ethics and integrity each day.”
- Smith shared his perspective on ethics with an article titled “Creating Enduring Value: The Advantages of Taking a Strategic Approach to Ethics” that appeared in the fourth quarter issue of Ethisphere Magazine. The article focuses on Realogy’s efforts to enhance its successful ethics and compliance program through defined measurements and metrics.
- Gehringer discussed ethical challenges in a global business world as part of a panel held at Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey, and moderated by NJBIZ. The other panelists were also designated as 2016 World’s Most Ethical Companies, including Dun & Bradstreet and Prudential Financial.
- At the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) International Conference in Indianapolis, Gehringer presented on a panel with representatives from Ethisphere Institute and Voya Financial. Among the topics discussed was corporate integrity and how transparency, as a foundation of trust, impacts an institution. “We believe that our commitment to fostering an ethical culture provides us with a [substantial] competitive advantage in the marketplace,” said Gehringer.
- In a further effort to validate ethical collaboration, Ethisphere Institute and PRSA jointly produced a white paper titled “Guide to Increasing Collaboration Between the Communications and Ethics Offices,” which can be found athttp://insights.ethisphere.com/guide-collaboration-bw-comm-ethics-offices.
- A group of business students from Fairleigh Dickinson University in Florham Park, New Jersey, visited Realogy’s headquarters in Madison, New Jersey, for a session on business ethics and an overview of the company’s ethics and compliance program.
Realogy’s Ethics & Compliance team incorporates a rigorous training and awareness program as the cornerstone of its engagement efforts with employees. On an annual basis, Realogy’s 11,000 employees receive annual training on the Company’s Code of Ethics, which includes an industry-specific focus on the Real Estate Settlement & Procedures Act (RESPA) as well as custom content reflecting current business and legal trends. Realogy works all year long to create an ethical culture in which employees feel personally accountable. “In an internal survey last year, 99% of Realogy employees said that they feel they have a personal responsibility to make sure the company behaves ethically,” said Gehringer.
About Realogy Holdings Corp.
Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) is a global leader in residential real estate franchising and brokerage with many of the best-known industry brands including Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, The Corcoran Group®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty® and ZipRealty®. Collectively, Realogy's franchise system members operate approximately 13,650 offices with more than 268,000 independent sales associates conducting business in 111 countries and territories around the world. NRT LLC, Realogy’s company-owned real estate brokerage, is the largest residential brokerage company in the United States, operates under several of Realogy’s brands and also provides related residential real estate services. Realogy also owns Cartus, a prominent worldwide provider of relocation services to corporate and affinity clients, Title Resource Group (TRG), a leading provider of title, settlement and underwriting services and ZapLabsSM, its innovation and technology development subsidiary. Realogy is headquartered in Madison, New Jersey.
SOURCE Realogy Holdings Corp.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances