J.D. Byrider Names Award Winners At Annual Convention
Franchise of the Year and President’s Awards among honors bestowed
December 01, 2016 // Franchising.com // CARMEL, Ind. – Leading franchised used car and finance company J.D. Byrider recognized winners of the company’s annual awards at its November convention in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The Franchise of the Year winners were chosen in three categories – Single (one location), Mid (two-three locations) and Multiple (more than three locations). The winners were:
- Single: Keith Kocourek for his location in Wausau, Wisc.
- Mid: Barry Biggers and team for their locations in Pearl and Jackson, Mississippi.
- Multiple: Russ Larson and team for his eight locations in Huntsville, Alabama; Burlington, Cedar Rapids, Davenport and Des Moines, Iowa; Columbia and Springfield, Missouri; and Omaha, Nebraska. This is their 11th-consecutive Franchise of the Year award.
J.D. Byrider also distributed 17 President’s Awards, which are given to individual locations based on store earnings, portfolio quality and customer service ratings. This year’s President’s Award winners are located in:
- Springdale (2737 N. Thompson St.) – Dave Hanson, owner
- Jacksonville (7739 Blanding Blvd.) - Jim Kagiliery and Jim Thompson, owners
- Glendale Heights (800 North Ave) – Mike Burgstone, owner
- Joliet (2323 W. Jefferson St.) – Mike Burgstone, owner
- Bloomington (2425 W. 3rd St.) – Terry Gerhart, Mike Bolin, Ben Becht, owners
- Burlington (125 S. Roosevelt Road) – Russ Larson, Doug Stewart, Jeff Lee, Daryl Nelson and Gerod Meier, owners
- Davenport (925 W. Kimberly Road) – Sheila Schaub, Jeff Nickerson and Tedd Pless, owners
- Des Moines (2426 SE 14th St.) – Russ Larson, Jeff Lee, Doug Stewart, Daryl Nelson and Paul Newman, owners
- Owensboro (250 E 18th St.) – Jeff Anderson, owner
- Jackson (5719 I-55 N. Frontage Rd.) – Barry Biggers, owner
- Pearl (2521 Highway 80 E.) – Barry Biggers, owner
- Springfield (1226 S. Glenstone Ave.) – Russ Larson, owner
- Mansfield (1810 W. 4th St.) – Chris McPhie, owner
- Greenville (2400 Laurens Rd.) – J.T. Gandolfo, owner
- Parkersburg (1328 7th St.) – Billy Rowland, owner
- Appleton (2301 W. College Ave.) – Russ Darrow, Jr., owner
- Wausau (2518 Grand Ave.) – Keith Kocourek, owner
“We are extremely proud of each of this year’s winners,” said Tom Welter, vice president of franchising for J.D. Byrider. “They have risen to the top of our dealer community with their quality service to customers. These awards are a great reminder of the strength within our franchise system and our drive for improvement year after year.”
About J.D. Byrider
Founded in 1989, J.D. Byrider is the nation’s leading used car sales and finance enterprise. The company was founded to serve customers with special auto financing needs and to ensure that they receive the same quality service in every J.D. Byrider dealership. With more than one million consumers matched to quality, affordable vehicles and a franchise system servicing more than $1.3 billion in retail contracts, the company continues its focus on reliability and customer satisfaction. Headquartered near Indianapolis in Carmel, Indiana, J.D. Byrider consists of 141 franchised- and 28 company-owned dealerships in 36 states. Visit www.jdbyrider.com or jdbyriderfranchise.com to learn more.
SOURCE J.D. Byrider
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances