American Family Care Named Finalist for "Best Franchises to Buy"
Health Care Leader Recognized by Franchise Times; Vies for Prestigious Industry Award
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - Dec. 22, 2016 // PRNewswire // - American Family Care (AFC) announced today that it has been named a finalist for Franchise Times inaugural "Zor Awards" - recognizing the best companies in 10 hot industry segments. The inaugural Zor Awards program allows Franchise Times readers to vote for their favorite brands, while the publication's editorial team will make the final selections based on in-house research, exclusive return-on-investment metrics and online voting that represents fan enthusiasm and industry momentum. Online voting for the Zor Awards runs through January 12. The winners and runners-up will be announced in the March issue of Franchise Times.
During the past 34 years, AFC has pioneered the concept of non-emergency-room urgent care. With its acquisition of the Doctors Express franchise system in 2013, the company became the nation's only franchisor operating in the realm of urgent care, accessible primary care, and occupational medicine. This latest recognition in the franchising industry follows a notable list of similarly impressive accolades the company has received in recent months, including:
- In October 2016 AFC earned a spot on the prestigious Franchise Times 200+ list, an exclusive ranking of the nation's largest franchisors. AFC jumped to No. 157 on the distinguished list, up from No. 201 in last year's ranking. The company also ranked as the second-fastest growing franchise system in terms of gross revenue, bested only by Berkshire Hathaway.
- In August 2016, for the third time during the past four years, AFC earned a spot on the Inc. 5000 list, a distinguished list of the nation's fastest growing private companies - jumping to No. 1,010 on the list, up from a ranking of 1,298 in 2015 and 4,635 in 2013. The company also ranked as the fastest growing health-related company in the U.S. with greater than $200 million in annual revenue.
- In May 2016 AFC Founder and CEO Dr. Bruce Irwin was named as a finalist for the Ernst & Young "Entrepreneur of the Year" award. Recognized as one of the most prestigious business award programs in the world, the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Award celebrates the most innovative business leaders on the planet.
- In October 2015, AFC was recognized as one of the "Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America" by Entrepreneur magazine's Entrepreneur360™ Performance Index - a study which delivers the most comprehensive analysis of private companies in America. AFC was recognized as an organization that exemplifies growth, not just in top and bottom line, but in sustainability and ability to achieve lasting success.
Similar to traditional hospital systems, the AFC franchise model combines skilled physicians with successful business people to deliver quality health care conveniently and in an economical manner. The model has been so successful that, from 2009 to the end of 2016, AFC will have grown to 106 franchise units, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 59.6 percent. "Our growth has been gratifying, and we believe it represents the fact that AFC's patient-centric model is at the forefront of a revolution in health care," says Scott Hoots, Vice President of Franchise Operations for AFC. "Maybe more telling than our growth is the number of multi-unit franchisees that have arisen within our system as a result of the success they have enjoyed with their initial locations. Their success has surely been our success," concluded Hoots.
About American Family Care
Starting with a single location in 1982, American Family Care has pioneered the concept of non-emergency room urgent care. With its 2013 acquisition of the Doctors Express franchise, AFC has become the nation's leading provider of urgent care, accessible primary care, and occupational medicine, with more than 160 clinics and 500 in-network physicians caring for 2 million patients a year. Ranked by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S., AFC's stated mission is to provide the best health care possible, in a kind and caring environment, while respecting the rights of all patients, in an economical manner, at times and locations convenient to the patient. For more information, visit www.americanfamilycare.com.
SOURCE American Family Care
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Moving and Storage
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business