5 Effective Ways to Always Keep Your Body Guessing, Boosting Results
Muscle confusion keeps your body constantly guessing. When you perform the same workout by doing the same number of reps, using the same machines and targeting the same muscle groups, the growth of your muscles becomes stagnant – leading to a decline in overall strength. By altering different variables and targeting a variety of core muscles, your body becomes challenged to keep up with your new found unpredictability and has no option but to accept the changes.
Retro Fitness CEO and founder Eric Casaburi says the hardest part about creating a muscle confusion routine is pushing through the pain in order to meet your weekly goals. “As you begin to target and strengthen forgotten muscle groups, your body will require longer times to recover at first. Pushing through that pain in the offset will give you the confidence to keep with it and see serious results.”
Casaburi outlined several effective strategies to help incorporate muscle confusion into your workout routine. Remember, unpredictability and uncertainty are your friends when creating a routine around muscle confusion.
- Regularly be Irregular. Become more cognizant of all the muscle groups that make up your body. Regularly alter your plan to target forgotten muscles, while also increasing the weight and reps over time. The first rule of an effective muscle confusion routine is there is no structure or plan.
- Alter Reps for Increased Stimulation. If you have been doing the same routine for the past six months, slowly introduce new exercises into your plan and work on them for 12 weeks. Within that span, try to adjust the sets and reps to increase muscle stimulation.
- Body Measurements. It sounds like a no brainer, but in order to gauge the success of your new workout, plan on taking your body measurements from day one. This will help you keep tabs on your progress.
- Rest Time. Keep your body guessing by resting for different lengths of time between sets. The unpredictability adds yet another layer of “confusion” to the workout and will help maximize the results of your weight training.
- A Small Piece of Advice. Lightly altering your grip or bar type can stimulate different muscles and give you the variation your body requires.
Kick-off 2017 health and fitness resolutions with Retro Fitness. Visit http://retrofitness.com/guestpass/ for a free guest pass and http://retrofitness.com/locator/ to find the nearest Retro Fitness.
About Retro Fitness
Founded in 2004 by entrepreneur Eric Casaburi, Retro Fitness has evolved from a regional Northeast gym concept into a national fitness system with more than 150 gyms open in 16 states. Under Casaburi’s leadership, Retro Fitness is expanding its footprint with more than 100 gyms in its development pipeline and plans to have 250 gyms open in the next two years in new, major markets, such as Florida, Illinois, California, Maryland, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. Each Retro Fitness location is equipped with a full-service fitness center, including 60-100 pieces of equipment supplied by leading manufacturers. The burgeoning franchise has placed in the top 300 of Entrepreneur’s magazine’s prestigious Franchise 500 list for six consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.retrofitness.com, and to learn more about franchise opportunities visit www.retrofranchising.com.
Fishman Public Relations
Brad Shulkin, 847-945-1300 ext. 253
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances