Merry Maids Shares Tips to Make a Clean Home the Perfect #ValentinesDayGift
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - February 09, 2017 - (BUSINESS WIRE) - Recent TV commercials have shown that there’s nothing sexier than having a significant other who likes to clean. If you’re planning something romantic this year, don’t forget that a little clean can go a long way. Merry Maids, the nation’s largest home cleaning company, has all the tips and tricks you need to get your home in tip-top shape for your big date.
“I’ve been married 36 years, and I can tell you that there is no better way to come home than to a clean home,” said Debra Johnson, Merry Maids home cleaning expert. “Take the time to ensure your space is organized and clean. The last thing you want is for your date to leave thinking, ‘what a mess!’”
- If you don’t have cleaning equipment at home, here’s a quick list to grab at the store:
- Microfiber cloths: Merry Maids recommends getting different colored cloths to use in each room. No one wants to use the same cloth from the bathroom in the kitchen – yuck!
- Dishwashing soap
- Denture tablets
- Baking soda
- Containers to help organize and give loose items a home
- High duster for those ceiling cobwebs
Here are Johnson’s quick tips to help give your space a clean sweep:
- Organize, organize, organize. Everything in your home should have a place. Simply picking things up and giving them a home will provide an instant clean appearance.
- Remove the layers of dust, and don’t forget those cobwebs. “There’s nothing worse than having layers of dust throughout the home,” said Johnson. “I have a friend who told me when she started dating her now husband there was an inch of dust everywhere. It didn’t deter her, but don’t let it be the one reason you don’t get a second shot at hosting.”
- Your date will have to use the bathroom, don’t make them cringe while doing so. This is an area many people dread. From cleaning the toilet bowl, the sink area, around the toilet or emptying overflowing trash cans, take the time to quickly clean these areas. First, drop a denture tablet in the toilet bowl while you clean the other areas. While that soaks, mist surface areas and around the toilet with an all-purpose cleaner, and wipe clean with a microfiber cloth. Once that’s complete, use a toilet brush to clean underneath the rim and the toilet bowl, then flush the toilet.
- Have pets? Don’t fret. Don’t let pet hair distract your date. Simply use a microfiber cloth to wipe the upholstery surface to remove hair. A vacuum with an upholstery attachment is also a great tool for removing pet hair.
- Clean out your fridge. You may be thinking to yourself, “the fridge?” But your guest may help put leftovers away for you or grab a drink. Organize your refrigerator contents and clean off the gunk left from spills. All you need is warm soapy water and a microfiber cloth. If you’ve let the gunk sit too long and it doesn’t come off, sprinkle baking soda over the area and rub with a microfiber cloth and warm water.
If this seems like too much to tackle, visit merrymaids.com to find the nearest Merry Maids location. Merry Maids can customize a cleaning plan for your home, ensuring a consistent, reliable and thorough cleaning process every time.
About Merry Maids
Merry Maids is the largest home cleaning franchise network in the United States. Merry Maids provides services in 48 states and the District of Columbia through more than 470 company-owned locations and franchised outlets. The company also provides home cleaning services in Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom and has licensing arrangements whereby licensees provide these services in Hong Kong, Japan, South America, South Korea, Southeast Asia and Australia. Through its company-owned and franchise locations, Merry Maids employs more than 8,000 home cleaning professionals who service homes on four continents, including more than 200,000 homes in North America every month. Merry Maids is a business unit of ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SERV), a leading provider of essential residential and commercial services. Go to www.merrymaids.com for more information about Merry Maids or follow us at twitter.com/MerryMaids and facebook.com/MerryMaids.
ServiceMaster (NYSE: SERV) solves the homeowner’s dilemma. Every day, we visit more than 75,000 homes and businesses through our extensive service network of expert professionals. Technology powers our trusted experts to engage with customers so they can order, buy and receive services when, where and how they want them. Our well-recognized brands include American Home Shield (home warranties), AmeriSpec (home inspections), Furniture Medic (furniture repair), Merry Maids (residential cleaning), ServiceMaster Clean (janitorial and residential floor cleaning), ServiceMaster Restore (disaster restoration) and Terminix (termite and pest control). Like, follow or visit us at facebook.com/ServiceMaster, linkedin.com/ServiceMaster, twitter.com/ServiceMaster, or servicemaster.com.
For Merry Maids
SOURCE Merry Maids
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances