The UPS Store Launches First-Ever National Pitch Off to Celebrate and Support Entrepreneurs
Pitch competition complements company’s Small Biz Salute program with the chance for entrepreneurs to win $10,000 during National Small Business Month.
April 19, 2017 // Franchising.com // SAN DIEGO, - On a mission to make dreams a reality, The UPS Store launched its first-ever national Pitch Off contest today where startups and small business owners can compete for a chance to win $10,000. The Pitch Off is part of the company’s Small Biz Salute, a month-long initiative celebrating small business owners for their hard work, innovation and dedication to their business and local communities.
“Bringing value to small business owners is what our stores do every day,” said Tim Davis, president of The UPS Store. “The Pitch Off gives entrepreneurs a platform to tell us what makes their business unique. It could be a brand new product, existing thriving business or even just a great concept. The next big idea is out there and we want to help get it off the ground.”
The UPS Store® Pitch Off competition is officially open for submissions. Here’s how it works.
- Start. Small business owners and entrepreneurs at any stage in their business ventures can visit www.theupsstorepitchoff.com to begin the submission process. Pitch off submissions open 9:00 am ET Tuesday, April 18 and close 11:59pm ET Saturday, May 20.
- Pitch + Submit. Capture a 90 seconds (or less) pitch video describing the business or business idea and why it is unique. Be creative. Enter background information and submit the pitch video through the website.
- Share. Entrants will be able to socially share their entries and encourage family and friends to vote for their favorite video in an online gallery. The voting period opens 9:00am ET Monday, May 22 and closes 11:59pm ET Wednesday, May 31.
- Win. Based on criteria judged by a panel of experts and online votes, the final winner will be selected. The grand prize Pitch Off winner will receive $10,000. There will also be cash prizes rewarded to the best pitch videos in a variety of categories. The grand prize winner and category awardees will be announced on Tuesday, June 6.
In addition to the national competition, The UPS Store is hosting Small Biz Salute events in three cities, Portland, Kansas City and Denver. Each event will give attendees the chance to compete in a local, live version of the Pitch Off competition. Local contestants will have three minutes to pitch their business to a live audience and panel of judges at the event. The best pitch in each city will win $5,000.
Throughout the year, small business owners and entrepreneurs can visit one of more than 4,500 locally owned and operated The UPS Store locations to find tools and resources to support their business or budding venture. The locally owned system allows franchisees to form relationships with their small business customers, sharing advice, experiences and innovative problem-solving. The UPS Store can serve as a back office for a small business offering services ranging from packaging and shipping, to mailbox, notary and professional grade printing and marketing materials.
For more information about Small Biz Salute, how to enter The UPS Store Pitch Off, and full contest rules visit https://www.theupsstore.com/smallbizsalute.
About The UPS Store
With more than 4,500 locations, The UPS Store® network comprises the nation’s largest franchise system of retail shipping, postal, print and business service centers. The UPS Store locations in the U.S. are independently owned and operated by licensed franchisees of The UPS Store, Inc., a subsidiary of UPS (NYSE: UPS). Services, pricing and hours of operation may vary by location. For additional information on The UPS Store, visit theupsstore.com. For information on franchise opportunities or opening a The UPS Store location, visit theupsstorefranchise.com. Follow The UPS Store on Twitter at @TheUPSStore and like The UPS Store on Facebook at facebook.com/theupsstore.
SOURCE The UPS Store
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances