CARSTAR Auto Body Repair Experts Participate in NABC Distracted Driving Awareness Month in April
CARSTAR stores educating teens about the dangers of texting and driving.
CHARLOTTE, NC (PRWEB) April 25, 2017 - With April designated as National Auto Body Council’s (NABC) Distracted Driving Awareness Month, CARSTAR Auto Body Repair Experts is reminding teen drivers, “It Can Wait” while they are on the road.
NABC Distracted Driving Awareness Month educates drivers of all ages - but particularly younger drivers most susceptible to distracted driving accidents - about how to reduce their risk on the road by putting down their mobile devices.
As part of the campaign, CARSTAR has a new NABC Distracted Driving Presentation Toolkit to help drive home the “don’t text and drive” message. The 45-minute presentation takes students through a hands-on exercise to demonstrate the difficulties of multi-tasking while driving. The presentation has videos and a virtual reality experience, utilizing virtual reality goggles and earphones, to illustrate the dangers of texting and driving.
Here are four tips for reducing distracted driving during prom and graduation season:
- Take - and share - your photos and videos before you get in the car
- Designate someone who isn’t driving to manage the GPS
- Have the driver install an app to silence incoming notifications and let the sender know the recipient is behind the wheel
- Consider a car service if the budget allows
There are currently 20 CARSTAR locations around the country that are participating:
- CARSTAR 76 Collision - 174 76th Street SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49548
- CARSTAR Action - 21200 St. Clair Ave., Euclid, OH 44117
- CARSTAR All Line - 415 W. Boughton Rd., Bolingbrook, IL 60440
- CARSTAR Arnold - 2007 Sierra Parkway, Arnold, MO 63010
- CARSTAR Aurora - 1 S River Rd., North Aurora, IL 60542
- CARSTAR Chicago - 38th St. - 2929 W. 38th St., Chicago, IL 60632
- CARSTAR Collision of Alice - 2250 Main St., Alice, TX 78332
- CARSTAR Don and Ron’s Collision - 5413 S. 72nd St. - Ste. 107, Omaha, NE 68127
- CARSTAR Espana - 470 East Brokaw Rd., San Jose, CA 95112
- CARSTAR Fort Collins North - 1301 E. Mulberry St., Fort Collins, CO 80524
- CARSTAR Ideal - 3212 Nordic Rd., Arlington Heights, IL 60005
- CARSTAR Procraft - 917 Central Ave., Great Falls, MT 59401
- CARSTAR Russom's Collision - 432 N. Trenton St., Rutherford, TN38369
- CARSTAR Russom's Collision - 2340 Upper Finley Rd., Dyersburg, TN 38024
- CARSTAR Chicagoland - 2508 Bordeaux Lane #108, Naperville, IL 60540
- CARSTAR Gapsch Collision Center - 4709 Green Park Rd., St Louis, MO 63123
- CARSTAR Jungerman - 1505 Jungerman Rd., St. Peters, MO 63376
- CARSTAR Northwest - 3304 No 120th St., Omaha NE 68164
- CARSTAR Premier Collision - 111 N. G St., Tacoma, WA 98403
- CARSTAR Scola’s - 9110 Ogden Ave., Brookfield, IL 60513
- CARSTAR West-Hill - 4907 Butterfield Rd., Hillside, IL 60162
“April is the start of one of the most dangerous time of the year for teens on the road as they celebrate high school proms and graduations shortly afterwards,” said Arlo Johnson, Vice President of Insurance at CARSTAR. “Our goal with these kits is to make it as easy as possible for our CARSTAR owners to host ongoing awareness events in their communities, as often as possible, to remind and encourage drivers of all ages to make a pledge not to text and drive.
Visit http://www.CARSTAR.com to learn more about “It Can Wait” and visit http://www.itcanwait.com to take the pledge and view a demonstration.
About the National Auto Body Council
The National Auto Body Council is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting community initiatives that exemplify the professionalism and integrity pf the collision industry. Our ongoing and continued success is a direct result of the efforts and support of our sponsoring companies and membership. Please contact the National Auto Body Council directly for membership information. Call 1-888-667-7433 or go to http://www.NationalAutoBodyCouncil.org.
CARSTAR North America - a part of the Driven Brands, Inc. family of automotive aftermarket franchise brands -- is North America’s largest Multi-Shop Operator Network of independently owned collision repair facilities with more than 500 locations in 31 states and 10 Canadian provinces. CARSTAR delivers national scale, consistently high-quality vehicle repairs, repeatable outcomes and the industry’s highest customer satisfaction ratings; all repairs are backed by a national warranty and service guarantee. CARSTAR was named the No. 1 largest MSO in North America by The Romans Group LLC, named 470 on Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500® list and ranked 106th on Franchise Times® annual Top 200™ listing of the largest franchise systems in North America. For more information visit http://www.carstar.com and follow us on Facebook and twitter. CARSTAR is actively seeking new franchisees. Interested parties should contact Sam Freeman at email@example.com or 888.505.6815.
Victory Management Group
+1 (312) 505-4336