RE/MAX Agents Are More Productive in Annual REAL Trends 500 Survey
RE/MAX Agents on Average Outsold Competing Agents by More than 2:1
April 28, 2017 // Franchising.com // DENVER - RE/MAX, LLC, the #1 name in real estate*, announced its agents outperformed agents with other real estate brands in the 2017 REAL Trends 500 survey. Associates affiliated with the RE/MAX network regularly average double the number of transaction sides per agent when compared with competitors in the annual survey of large brokerages.
“RE/MAX and members of the RE/MAX network continue to surpass competitors in annual industry surveys and studies,” said Dave Liniger, CEO, Chairman of the Board and Co-Founder of RE/MAX, LLC. “The 2017 REAL Trends 500 survey confirms that our agents, on average, assist more buyers and sellers with some of the most important transactions of their lifetimes. On behalf of everyone at RE/MAX, I congratulate all of our brokerages that were included in this prestigious survey.”
The REAL Trends 500, now in its 30th year, ranks the performance of the top residential real estate brokerage firms in the country. Firms are ranked by both transaction sides and sales volume for the previous year. For the 2017 REAL Trends Survey, firms needed to close a minimum of 500 transaction sides in 2016 to qualify.
Highlights from the 2017 REAL Trends 500 survey include**:
- RE/MAX associates included in the survey on average outsold competing agents with a ratio of more than two to one. Agents affiliated with RE/MAX averaged 17.2 transaction sides while agents with competitors averaged 7.8.
- The RE/MAX agent average of 17.2 transaction sides led all national franchises in the ranking including Realty Executives with 11.0, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices with 9.2, Coldwell Banker with 8.4, Century 21 with 8.2, ERA with 8.2, Better Homes & Gardens with 6.9, Keller Williams with 6.8 and Sotheby’s International Realty with 6.5.
- RE/MAX qualified more brokerages than any other real estate brand with 550 (32%). Keller Williams, the next closest competitor, qualified 395 brokerages (23 percent).
- Qualifying brokerages affiliated with the RE/MAX network claimed 88 of the top 100 brokerages when ranked by transaction sides per associate. When ranking all 1,705 qualifying brokerages by transaction sides per agent, the 88 RE/MAX brokerages in the top 100 averaged 30 sides per agent.
- RE/MAX agents included in the survey averaged $4.4 million in sales volume, 76 percent higher than the $2.5 million average of all other agents in the survey.
Earlier this year, RE/MAX once again held the top position among real estate brands in the annual Franchise 500® survey by Entrepreneur magazine. The growth rate, financial stability and size of the RE/MAX system also propelled the franchisor into the top 10 of all franchises included in the listing. This year’s ranking marked the 14th time in 18 years that RE/MAX has been listed as the top franchisor in the survey’s real estate category.
RE/MAX was ranked the leading real estate franchise for the eighth consecutive year in the most recent Franchise Times Top 200+® list. Continued growth and a steady increase in the number of locations also pushed the global franchisor of real estate brokerages into the top 10 franchises included in the survey. RE/MAX ranked #8 overall, up from #11 in 2015, #12 in 2014 and #14 in 2013. The growth of RE/MAX sales countered the trend of the 10 largest franchised brands collectively losing system-wide sales for the first time in the history of the listing.
With a presence in over 100 countries and territories, the RE/MAX network’s global footprint is unmatched by any other real estate brand. The franchisor’s total agent count grew 6.8 percent year-over-year in 2016. Over 110,000 agents worldwide now call RE/MAX home.
About the RE/MAX Network
RE/MAX was founded in 1973 by Dave and Gail Liniger, with an innovative, entrepreneurial culture affording its agents and franchisees the flexibility to operate their businesses with great independence. Over 110,000 agents provide RE/MAX a global reach of more than 100 countries and territories. Nobody sells more real estate than RE/MAX when measured by residential transaction sides. RE/MAX, LLC, one of the world’s leading franchisors of real estate brokerage services, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of RMCO, LLC, which is controlled and managed by RE/MAX Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:RMAX). With a passion for the communities in which its agents live and work, RE/MAX is proud to have raised more than $157 million for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals® and other charities. For more information about RE/MAX, to search home listings or find an agent in your community, please visit www.remax.com. For the latest news about RE/MAX, please visit www.remax.com/newsroom.
SOURCE RE/MAX Network