Report Reveals Insights from the Emerging Luxury Consumer
Sotheby's International Realty brand survey reveals 85% of emerging luxury consumers plan to buy a home within the next three years
May 04, 2017 // Franchising.com // Madison, N.J. - Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC today announced that it has released “Global Affluence: The Emerging Luxury Consumer,” a report examining the confidence, spending habits and purchasing interests of emerging luxury consumers from around the world, defined as those with $250,000 USD to $1 million USD in investable assets.
The report, which is based on a survey that focused on luxury consumers in the United States, United Kingdom, India, United Arab Emirates and China, found that this emerging luxury consumer demographic is confident when it comes to their personal economy and the economy of their respective countries.
The complete Sotheby’s International Realty® “Global Affluence: The Emerging Luxury Consumer” report features a breakdown of data by country surveyed as well as supplemental search data from sothebysrealty.com. Click here to download the full report.
Key findings from the Sotheby’s International Realty “Global Affluence: The Emerging Luxury Consumer” report include:
- 85% of emerging luxury consumers are confident in the housing market in their respective countries and are ready to purchase a home within the next three years. Click here to Tweet.
- 93% of emerging luxury consumers are looking to purchase homes with luxury components. Click here to Tweet.
- Emerging luxury consumers are interested in waterfront, metropolitan and historic homes. Click here to Tweet.
- “The luxury residential real estate market is ever evolving,” said Philip White, president and chief executive officer of Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC. “As a global leader in this arena, the Sotheby’s International Realty brand commissioned this research survey to unveil emerging trends with luxury residential real estate consumers around the world. We are always looking to the future and our focus is to keep a pulse on the state of the real estate market and the homebuyers of tomorrow.”
- “The luxury market has been redefined in recent years due in large part to the impact of the new emerging luxury consumer,” said Kevin Thompson, chief marketing officer of Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC. “These individuals have a luxury sensibility and an affinity for exclusive brands, proving that luxury transcends income levels – it is about quality, uniqueness, and ultimately achieving a certain lifestyle. The Sotheby’s International Realty brand has its eye on the future and is perfectly positioned to unite these extraordinary lives with extraordinary lifestyles.”
- The Sotheby’s International Realty network currently has more than 20,000 affiliated independent sales associates located in approximately 850 offices in 66 countries and territories worldwide. In 2016, the brand achieved a record global sales volume of $95 billion USD. Sotheby’s International Realty listings are marketed on the sothebysrealty.com global website. In addition to the referral opportunities and widened exposure generated from this source, the firm’s brokers and clients will benefit from an association with the Sotheby’s auction house and worldwide Sotheby’s International Realty marketing programs. Each office is independently owned and operated.
The Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC Survey was conducted by Wakefield Research (www.wakefieldresearch.com) among 200 US emerging luxury consumers, and 100 emerging luxury consumers in the UK, China, UAE and India, between November 17th and December 15th, 2016, using an email invitation and an online survey.
The margin of error for this study is +/- 6.9 percentage points in the US, and +/- 9.8 percentage points in the UK, China, UAE and India at the 95% confidence level. Base sizes under 100 are directional findings only.
Data from sothebysrealty.com: Google Website Analytics, sothebysrealty.com, April – December 2015 vs. April – December 2016.
About Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC
Founded in 1976 to provide independent brokerages with a powerful marketing and referral program for luxury listings, the Sotheby’s International Realty network was designed to connect the finest independent real estate companies to the most prestigious clientele in the world. Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC is a subsidiary of Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), a global leader in real estate franchising and provider of real estate brokerage, relocation and settlement services. In February 2004, Realogy entered into a long-term strategic alliance with Sotheby’s, the operator of the auction house. The agreement provided for the licensing of the Sotheby’s International Realty name and the development of a full franchise system. Affiliations in the system are granted only to brokerages and individuals meeting strict qualifications. Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC supports its affiliates with a host of operational, marketing, recruiting, educational and business development resources. Franchise affiliates also benefit from an association with the venerable Sotheby’s auction house, established in 1744. For more information, visit www.sothebysrealty.com.
Director, Public Relations and Communications
Sotheby's International Realty Affiliates LLC
175 Park Avenue
Madison, NJ 07940
Specialist, Public Relations and Communications
175 Park Avenue
Madison, NJ 07940
SOURCE Sotheby's International Realty Affiliates LLC
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances