ERA Real Estate Enhances Leadership Team
Simon L. Chen Appointed Chief Operating Officer to Drive Growth Initiatives
May 16, 2017 // Franchising.com // Madison, N.J. - As the real estate industry continues to be shaped by the advent of emerging technology and changing consumer behaviors, ERA Real Estate has tapped Simon L. Chen to help fuel growth for the global franchise brand as its new chief operating officer.
Chen’s background spans multiple industries and disciplines, bringing a distinct perspective to the organization.
- Most recently served as chief operating officer of Realty ONE Group in Irvine, California, a large independent brokerage
- Founded Century Pacific Group, a real estate investment and technology consulting firm
- Led expansion efforts for consumer-facing brands Realtor.com and Move.com as senior director of corporate development and strategy
- Strong management consulting background with a focus on technology
Tweet: Simon L. Chen named chief operating officer for ERA Real Estate. Brings unique background in #technology and #realestate to @ASmarterERA
“With a unique intersection of experience and insights, Simon Chen is perfectly positioned to amplify our value proposition to ERA®-affiliated brokers and agents that further strengthens their position in a rapidly evolving marketplace.”
- Sue Yannaccone, President &CEO of ERA Real Estate
“I love the path my career has taken - from mergers and acquisitions, to technology consulting, to real estate investments and operations - that has led me to this pivotal point as I join an innovative brand with the moxie and capabilities to move the needle not just for the brand but for an entire industry.”
- Simon L. Chen, Chief Operating Officer of ERA Real Estate
In his capacity as chief operating officer, Chen will reinforce ERA’s value proposition to brokers and agents by maximizing platforms and programs designed to enhance productivity, build market share and fuel growth.
ERA’s Zap® platform, a comprehensive technology solution with consumer-facing websites and a powerful back-end CRM, is a keystone to ERA’s plan to enhance system productivity. Analysis of user data indicates that the there is a correlation between user engagement and productivity. Affiliated sales associates who are most engaged in Zap have seen higher average increases in productivity than agents who are not engaged in Zap.
ERA’s Learning Platform is another piece of the productivity plan, consisting of live, in-person events called Regional Connections, a series of self-guided video webcast sessions called ERA Pro-Performance, and a live in-studio training program called Zap TV.
Education And Interests
- Chen received his Bachelor of Science degree from Carnegie Mellon University.
- Holds a California Department of Real Estate Broker’s License, and is a member of the Beverly Hills and Santa Clara Real Estate Boards
- Serves as a mentor for two real estate technology incubators: the National Association of Realtors® Second Century Ventures’ REach program and Moderne Ventures
About ERA Real Estate
ERA Real Estate is an innovative franchising leader in the residential real estate industry with 45 years of experience in developing consumer-oriented products and services. The ERA network includes more than 37,000 affiliated brokers and sales associates and more than 2,350 offices throughout the United States and 30 countries and territories. Each office is independently owned and operated. ERA Real Estate is a subsidiary of Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), a global provider of real estate services. ERA Real Estate information is available at www.ExploreERA.com.
ERA Real Estate
SOURCE ERA Real Estate