Brooklyn Water Bagel Honors Victims of Pulse Nightclub Shooting on Tragedy’s One-Year Anniversary
Central Florida Locations to Donate 100% of Rainbow Bagel Proceeds to Better Together Fund at Central Florida Foundation – 6/10 – 6/12
June 08, 2017 // Franchising.com //
- Who: Brooklyn Water Bagel, a leader in the fast casual industry specializing in breakfast and lunch deli creations honoring an authentic Brooklyn-style menu and using a proprietary 14-step water filtration process to produce the best-quality bagels and artisan-roasted coffee blends via “Brooklynized™” water. Brooklyn Water Bagel will honor the victims of the 2016 Pulse Nightclub shooting by serving rainbow bagels and donating 100% of the weekend’s proceeds to the Better Together Fund at Central Florida Foundation, starting Saturday, June 10 and ending on Orlando United Day, Monday, June 12.
- What: In support of the Orlando United Day on Monday, June 12, Brooklyn Water Bagel’s Winter Park and Lake Mary store locations will be serving rainbow bagels and donating 100% to the Better Together Fund at Central Florida Foundation through the entire weekend.
“Our community has come together in a beautiful way since the tragedy at Pulse Nightclub,” says Winter Park store manager Ashlea Hopper. “As a business, we have always prided ourselves on getting to know and being involved in our local neighborhoods, and we will continue to honor the victims through acts of kindness and support whenever we can.”
Brooklyn Water Bagel hopes to sell thousands of bagels over the course of the weekend in support of the Better Together Fund at Central Florida Foundation. Customers who wish to support the effort may purchase rainbow bagels as a single item or take home a baker’s dozen (13 bagels) for $12.99.
"Central Florida Foundation appreciates the support from Brooklyn Water Bagel for the Better Together Fund. One year after the Pulse Nightclub tragedy, the Foundation continues to assess the needs and gaps in our community and is committed to supporting the long-term healing process,” explains the Central Florida Foundation’s Rachel Calderon. “The Better Together Fund has worked to improve the local mental health care system, strengthen the LGBTQ, Latino, and faith communities, among other investments, to build a resilient community.”
Orlando United Day is described as “A Day of Love and Kindness” to recognize the impact of the massacre on the entire city of Orlando and to display a stand of strength and support for those who lost their loved ones. For more information about Orlando United Day, visit www.OrlandoUnitedDay.com.
- When: Saturday June 10 – Monday June 12 6am-3pm
- Where: Brooklyn Water Bagel Lake Mary: 3801 Lake Mary Blvd Unit 139, Lake Mary, FL 32746. (407) 878-7863
- Brooklyn Water Bagel Winter Park: 4026 N Goldenrod Rd, Winter Park, FL 32792. (407) 681-4011
About Brooklyn Water Bagel
Since its establishment in 2008 by Co-Chairman and Founder Steven M. Fassberg, Brooklyn Water Bagel has seen remarkable growth and success. A proprietary 14-step water filtration process replicates the water flowing from the Catskill Mountains into Brooklyn to “Brooklynize™” it in every store location nationwide. The proprietary water is used to make all of Brooklyn Water Bagel’s baked goods and beverages. The Florida-based brand currently operates 21 restaurant locations in 4 states: Florida, California, Georgia and Massachusetts. In addition to featuring authentic Brooklyn-style bagels, Brooklyn Water Bagel has been credited with pioneering the industry’s first coffee ice cubes to prevent iced coffee dilution. The brand’s full menu includes egg sandwiches, deli sandwiches, omelets and muffins along with a variety of farm-sourced and artisan-roasted coffee blends.
The Gab Group
SOURCE Brooklyn Water Bagel
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances