Summer Temperatures Increase Homeowners' Appreciation of Air Conditioning
Celebrate A/C Appreciation Week, Aug. 13 to 19, with maintenance tips from your local HVAC technicians.
HOUSTON - Aug. 14, 2017 // PRNewswire // - In June alone, there were over 4,000 record warm daily high temperatures across the country according to the National Centers for Environmental Information. And now, it's officially the most sweltering time of the year, when A/C units are working in overdrive. For that reason, your local One Hour is celebrating A/C Appreciation Week during Aug. 13 to 19.
Experts from One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning®, part of the Direct Energy family of brands with independently owned and operated locations throughout North America, are sharing ways for home owners to appreciate their A/C this season. Our technicians encourage homeowners to do the following:
- Show your A/C some love. Your air conditioner collects dust, leaves and other debris that degrade its performance over time. After shutting off the power to the unit, remove debris and trim any shrubs back from the unit.
- Have a monthly date with your A/C to change the filter. Your air conditioner breathes through its filter, and when that filter becomes clogged, your A/C unit struggles. A dirty filter can cause your fan to wear out prematurely and can sharply increase your energy use. Make a habit of replacing these on time.
- Schedule a play date with your A/C's best friend (i.e. a licensed technician!). It's important to tune up your A/C unit annually. A thorough tune-up from a licensed technician is the only way to give the machine a thorough inspection to make sure everything is operating as it should. You'll experience fewer breakdowns, lower energy bills and a longer life for your air conditioner.
- Give your A/C a break by conducting periodic energy audits to help identify opportunities for energy savings. Through this process, you can seal up leaky ducts, upgrade insulation, locate hidden drafts and more - all of which is good for your air conditioner and your wallet.
For more details, and to find licensed HVAC technicians in your area, visit onehourheatandair.com. Our friendly technicians are happy to answer any questions you have regarding tips and tricks for your home's HVAC system to ensure you're appreciating your A/C to the fullest extent.
About One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning®
One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® is currently ranked as the #1 HVAC franchise in Entrepreneur magazine's annual Franchise 500 (January 2017). One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning puts an emphasis on trust, customer service and courtesy. Our work is completed in a prompt, accurate, and efficient manner. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning is part of the Direct Energy family of brands.
©2017 Clockwork IP, LLC
About Direct Energy
Direct Energy is one of North America's largest retail providers of electricity, natural gas, and home and business energy-related services with over four million customers. Direct Energy gives customers choice, simplicity, and innovation where energy, data, and technology meet. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), an international energy and services company, Direct Energy, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, operate in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 4 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
©2017 Clockwork IP, LLC
SOURCE One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances