Aire Serv Shares Tips to Slash Utility Bills Amid Record Heat in the U.S.
Leading provider of HVAC system repair and maintenance offers do's and don'ts for your home's HVAC system
WACO, Texas - Aug. 29, 2017 // PRNewswire // - Much of the U.S. has been experiencing record heat this summer and with air conditioning accounting for almost half of a home's energy use, homeowners have been lowering their thermostats and subsequently raising their utility bills. In an effort to educate consumers and fuel substantial savings, Aire Serv, a Neighborly company that provides installation, maintenance and repair of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and indoor air quality systems, is sharing little-known tips to help slash electric bills without sacrificing comfort in the home.
"There are many misconceptions when it comes to energy usage in the home," said Steve Truett, president of Aire Serv. "Most homeowners don't realize that air conditioning accounts for a significant part of a home's electric bill, so if you're not using your system efficiently, you're bound to see an increase in your monthly spending. That's why Aire Serv stresses the importance of routine maintenance by professionals to extend the shelf life of your unit and ensure it's working both efficiently and effectively."
When thinking about ways to save, Aire Serv recommends keeping an eye on energy-sucking culprits that are racking up homeowners' utility bills without them knowing, such as dirty air filters. Other considerations to keep in mind when managing your HVAC unit:
- Clean or replace air filters for the best air distribution from registers and vents and maximize cooling capacity and performance
- Keep outdoor unit clean and free of debris, grass clippings, bushes and shrubs to maximize airflow and performance
- Ceiling fans create a wind chill effect, allowing you to adjust thermostat settings by 4-7 degrees Fahrenheit, for up to 30% savings and still remain comfortable. Ensure savings by verifying a counterclockwise motion during the summer months, and turning off fans when you leave the room.
- Walls, windows and attics must be properly insulated, otherwise a home's temperature will be much harder to control. Make sure to check your insulation and caulk any gaps in the seals.
- Blocked or closed vents can make AC units work harder than they should, as they don't allow for proper airflow. The unit will continue to run but the rooms won't cool. Always unblock and open all vents and registers before running the AC unit.
- Install a programmable thermostat to control the temperature of the home from a mobile device. Adjusting the temperature while you're out can significantly reduce the utility bill.
Aire Serv offers premium residential and commercial services for every type of heating and cooling system. Home services, which include heating and air conditioner repair, replacement and maintenance, are charged by the job and not by the hour. In addition, Aire Serv conveniently offers 24-hour emergency heating and air conditioning repair and service to its residential and commercial customers. For more information about Aire Serv and its HVAC services, please visit AireServ.com.
About Aire Serv®
Aire Serv®, a Neighborly company, is a global franchise organization providing installation, maintenance and repair of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and indoor air quality systems. Recognized by Entrepreneur magazine among its "Franchise 500", Aire Serv franchisees provide services to both residential and commercial customers from more than 200 locations worldwide. Established by Dwyer Group® in 1992, Aire Serv is part of Neighborly, a community of home service experts, leveraging Dwyer Group's nearly 2,500 professional home service experts across 13 brands in the U.S. and Canada with a unique direct service function that provides consumers assistance with nearly all aspects of their home care needs. Neighborly brands include: Aire Serv®, Five Star Painting®, Glass Doctor®, Portland Glass®, Molly Maid®, Mr. Appliance®, Mr. Electric®, Mr. Handyman®, Mr. Rooter®, Protect Painters®, Rainbow International®, Window Genie® and The Grounds Guys®. Additional information about Neighborly can be found at www.GetNeighborly.com. For more information about Aire Serv, visit www.aireserv.com and to learn about franchising opportunities with all Dwyer Group's Neighborly companies, visit www.leadingtheserviceindustry.com.
SOURCE Aire Serv