Ben & Jerry's Kicks Off Ice Cream Season In January By Unveiling 2018 New Flavor Lineup
Innovations offer fresh takes on classic favorites and truffle-inspired decadence in new pints, Pint Slices and Non-Dairy flavors.
LOS ANGELES - Jan. 16, 2018 // PRNewswire // - Launching a new line of ice cream flavors in mid-January might seem counter-intuitive, but the Flavor Gurus at Ben & Jerry's have always played by their own, creative rules. This year the ice cream company is dishing up an innovative line of truffle-inspired indulgence (one with a cold brew coffee base!), two more flavors of Non-Dairy deliciousness, and new takes on enjoying long-standing fan favorite flavors in Pint Slices.
Peanut Butter Half Baked & Cinnamon BunsCoffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz, Cherry Garcia and Tonight DoughChillin the Roast, Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake and Chocolate Shake ItFans celebrate the introduction of three new pint slice flavors at a pop-up pint slice carnival in Hollywood.Ben & Jerry’s pint slice carnival is underway at the corner of Hollywood & Vine on Jan 16th from 11am-8pm.Ben & Jerry’s introduces three new pint slice flavors; Cherry Garcia, Tonight Dough and Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz.
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/8026459-ben-and-jerrys-2018-flavor-lineup-pint-slices-non-dairy/
"We wanted to bring the WOW factor to our fans for 2018," said Craig Koskiniemi who helped create the dynamic lineup, from Pint Slice flavors to the truffle-laden lineup additions. "As a foodie at home AND at work, I'm inspired to come up with creative new combinations like a cold brew coffee-based Ben & Jerry's flavor. These are guaranteed to keep the love of ice cream strong," added the Flavor Guru.
Ben & Jerry's builds on its newest novelty innovation, Pint Slices, a portable, on-the-go ice cream bar with all the chunks and swirls of its pint lineup. The ice cream maker is unveiling more fan-favorite flavors in this fantastically fun format.
- Cherry Garcia - This legend-dairy lineup leader has been one of the most-requested flavors for Pint Slices. Fans don't have to wait any longer. Cherry ice cream bars with cherries & fudge flakes, covered in a dark chocolatey coating.
- Tonight Dough - Jimmy Fallon's beloved flavor was one of our most successful launches in pints. Now you can get your hands on it as a Pint Slice. Caramel ice cream bars with chocolate cookie swirls & gobs of peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough covered in a dark chocolatey coating. If that's not euphoric enough for you, Jimmy is also donating all his proceeds to the SeriousFun Children's Network.
- Coffee, Coffee BuzzBuzzBuzz - A fan favorite that packs a caffeine pick-me-up. Coffee ice cream bars with espresso bean fudge chunks covered in a dark chocolatey coating with cocoa nibs.
To celebrate the launch of the newest Pint Slice flavors, Ben & Jerry's will go west to amp up the euphoria for fans in Los Angeles with a special pop-up Pint Slice carnival and ride experience. From 11 am - 8 pm today, fans can get in on the fun at the corner of Hollywood and Vine for a special street carnival complete with Pint Slice inspired games, photo booth, and an oversized Pint Slice swing. Tunes provided by iconic record store Amoeba Music (DJ Monalisa from 4 – 8pm).
The Truffle Pint lineup includes three decadent flavors with some of the biggest chunks you'll find in a pint of Ben & Jerry's. Spooning out the soft, sweet truffles inside these new flavors will make you a certified chunk spelunker.
- Chocolate Shake It - Chocolate malt milkshake ice cream with chocolate cookie-covered fudge truffles and marshmallow swirls.
- Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake - Caramel chocolate ice cream with graham cracker-covered cheesecake truffles and chocolate cookie swirls.
- Chillin' the Roast - Cold brew coffee ice cream with chocolate cookie-covered coffee liqueur truffles and fudge swirls.
In 2018, Ben & Jerry's is scooping out more options to fans who appreciate "everything but the cow" with two new Non-Dairy, vegan certified flavors. What started as four almond milk-based frozen dessert flavors is now a line of NINE pints.
- Peanut Butter Half Baked - Chocolate and peanut butter with fudge brownies and gobs of peanut butter cookie dough.
- Cinnamon Buns - Cinnamon with cinnamon bun dough and a cinnamon streusel swirl.
Ben & Jerry's fans can find the new pints and Pint Slices in grocery stores nationwide (MSRP $4.99 for ice cream, $5.99 for Non-Dairy). Chocolate Shake It, Pint Slices, and other unique offerings will also be available in participating Scoop Shops. To learn more or to find a store near you, visit www.benjerry.com
About Ben & Jerry's
As an aspiring social justice company, Ben & Jerry's believes in a greater calling than simply making a profit for selling its goods. The company produces a wide variety of super-premium ice cream, yogurt and sorbet using high-quality ingredients. Ben & Jerry's incorporates its vision of Linked Prosperity into its business practices in a number of ways including a focus on values-led sourcing. In 2015 the company completed its transition to using entirely non-GMO (genetically modified organisms) ingredients by source as well as to fully source Fairtrade-certified ingredients wherever possible, which benefits farmers in developing countries. Ben and Jerry's products are distributed in 35 countries in supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, franchise Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shops, restaurants and other venues. Ben & Jerry's, a Vermont corporation and wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever, operates its business on a three-part Mission Statement emphasizing product quality, economic reward and a commitment to the community. Ben & Jerry's became a certified B Corp (Benefit Corporation) in 2012. The Ben & Jerry's Foundation's employee-led grant programs totaled $2.5MM in 2017 to support grassroots organizing for social and environmental justice around the country.
Note to Editors: We'd be happy to send you samples of some or all of our new products so you can experience the euphoria for yourself. Just ask.
SOURCE Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc.