Gap Launches 'Archive Reissue - Logo Remix' Collection With Original Film And Remixed Musical Track
Gap Celebrates The Collection With A Cast Of The World's Leading Culture Remixers, Including Awkwafina, Bria Vinaite, Connor Franta, Maya Jama, Metro Boomin, Miles Heizer, Naomi Watanabe, Sabrina Claudio, And Sza
January 25, 2018 // Franchising.com // NEW YORK - Gap, the iconic American clothing brand, today announces the launch of Gap ‘Archive Reissue - Logo Remix,’ a collection of apparel for men and women highlighting one of the most recognized logos in the world. For almost 50 years, the Gap logo has represented the heritage of the Gap brand and its relevance in culture. To celebrate its evolution, the ‘Logo Remix’ collection includes signature Gap styles, including tees, sweatshirts, and rugby shirts, thoughtfully designed with logos from throughout the decades.
To launch the collection, Gap collaborated with director Tabitha Denholm, who has directed music videos for Florence and the Machine, Haim and Jessie J, along with performance and movement director Tanisha Scott, who is best known for her work with Beyonce, Drake and Rihanna, to create the ‘Logo Remix’ film. The film brings together some of the world’s leading culture remixers in a moment of joy evoked through music and movement by paying homage to the nostalgic Gap ads of the past with a modern, remixed twist. While Tabitha used motion control video techniques to play with space and perspective, Tanisha choreographed a dance sequence that includes remixed versions of unforgettable group dances including “The Wobble,” “Cha Cha,” and “Kid-n-Play.”
‘Logo Remix’ features a global cast of talent who are remixing creative culture on their own terms, whether that be through music, acting, comedy, activism or being a strong, self-expressive voice in today’s society. This group of influential remixers includes Grammy nominated singer Sza as well as chart-topping producer Metro Boomin who remixed the music for the film. Working with the iconic ‘80s anthem ‘Hold Me Now’ by British Band the Thompson Twins, off the “Into the Gap” album, Metro Boomin updated the original version with his signature 808 beat, making it relevant to today’s hip-hop culture. The track will be available across all music streaming sites beginning Thursday, January 25.
“Following the strong consumer and social interest in our ‘‘90s Archive Reissue’ from last year, we are launching the Logo Remix collection by looking forward at the talent who are reshaping and remixing culture in their own way,” said Craig Brommers, chief marketing officer for Gap. “Gap is always one to celebrate and bring culture to the mainstream and what better way to do this and highlight this group of global individuals.”
The 'Logo Remix' cast:
- Sza - The singer/songwriter is remixing modern femininity by re-shaping the R&B genre with her fierce powerful stance.
- Metro Boomin - The go-to producer is remixing music industry rules and is responsible for many of the music charts most memorable new sounds.
- Sabrina Cloudio - The singer/songwriter is remixing the pop genre with her soulful sound originally releasing via SoundCloud.
Film & TV:
- Bria Vinaite - The actress is remixing Hollywood on her own terms discovered via Instagram and already tipped as one to watch.
- Miles Heizer - The actor is remixing the teenage experience by tackling roles around mental health and sexuality.
- Awkwafina - The comedienne/actress is remixing the conversation for the viewpoint of second generation Asian-Americans.
- Maya Jama - The TV presenter is remixing the script on mental health issues and family norms by speaking openly about personal experiences.
- Naomi Watanabe - The actress and comedienne is remixing ingrained assumptions on body image in Japan and around the world with her bold and unapologetic attitude about size-ism and style.
- Connor Franta - The YouTube star is remixing the concept of fame in the digital age, rising to mainstream prominence when he came out as a Gay Man on his channel with a positive and profound effect on his fanbase.
Launching fully on January 28, a :30 television spot will air during The Grammys and the film will live across mobile, social and digital channels. The film is supplemented by a 'Making Of' video created by The Madbury Club featuring the cast sharing their thoughts on what it means to remix culture and offering a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the film's creation.
In the film, each of the cast members wears pieces from the 'Archive Reissue - Logo Remix' collection which will be available on Gap.com on January 27 and in select Gap stores globally beginning January 29. In addition, there will be a 'Limited Edition Logo Remix' capsule that includes 30 one-of-a-kind designs, made by deconstructing and remixing vintage Gap logo sweatshirts and tees from the Gap archives. Every garment was put together by hand in the Gap New York City design studio.
For further information on the collection and to view 'Logo Remix' go to Gap.com.
Gap is one of the world's most iconic apparel and accessories brands and the authority on American casual style. Founded in San Francisco in 1969, Gap's collections are designed to build the foundation of modern wardrobes - all things denim, classic white shirts, khakis and must-have trends. Beginning with the first international store in London in 1987, Gap continues to connect with customers online and across the brand's about 1,600 company-operated and franchise retail locations around the world. Gap includes Women's and Men's apparel and accessories, GapKids, babyGap, GapMaternity, GapBody and GapFit collections. The brand also serves value-conscious customers with exclusively-designed collections for Gap Outlet and Gap Factory Stores. Gap is the namesake brand for leading global specialty retailer, Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) which includes Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Intermix and Weddington Way. For more information, please visit www.gapinc.com.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances