FASTSIGNS® Recognizes Achievements and Honors Franchisees at 2018 International Convention
February 01, 2018 // Franchising.com // CARROLLTON, Texas - FASTSIGNS International, Inc., a leading sign and graphics franchisor with more than 675 locations worldwide, held its 2018 FASTSIGNS® International Convention Jan. 17-20 in Houston, Texas. Themed All Systems Grow, the four-day event celebrated franchisee achievements and the continued growth of the franchise network in both sales volume and number of locations.
Over 710 people attended, which included FASTSIGNS franchisees and their center team members from 339 different locations around the world. Attendees had the opportunity to participate in educational sessions, peer panels and roundtable discussions. They heard from renowned keynote speakers including Daymond John, entrepreneur, investor and star of ABC’s Emmy Award-winning series, “Shark Tank”; Lt. Col. Rob “Waldo” Waldman, decorated retired fighter pilot and founder of the Wingman Foundation; and Gerry O’Brion, founder of What Big Brands Know.
“2017 was another record-breaking year for FASTSIGNS,” said Catherine Monson, CEO of FASTSIGNS International, Inc. “Our annual convention is a special time to come together and celebrate all of the amazing achievements in our network, engage in further educational and networking opportunities, and prepare for the exciting things we plan to accomplish in 2018 and beyond.”
Highlights from the convention include:
- 2017 system-wide sales reached a record $479 million.
- 124 FASTSIGNS/SIGNWAVE centers exceeded $1 million in annual sales, which included 16 centers achieving over $2 million, two centers achieving over $3 million, two centers achieving over $4 million, one center achieving over $6 million and one center achieving over $8 million in annual sales.
- The prestigious FASTSIGNS Award, which recognizes franchisees that best represent the FASTSIGNS name and spirit both in the business community and within the FASTSIGNS network, was awarded to Shawn and Mark Glenn who own four centers in Dallas and Carrollton, Texas. The Glenns also become the FASTSIGNS Franchisee of the Year with this honor.
- The Wide-Format & Signage/FASTSIGNS Project of the Year was presented to franchisees Karrie Brock and Shannon Benge in Toledo, Ohio for their branding project with City Egg restaurants.
- FASTSIGNS held the largest vendor show to date with 176 exhibitors and 419 vendor representatives.
- Grimco was presented the FASTSIGNS Vendor of Year Award.
- 37 franchisees were recognized for outstanding sign and graphic projects in the 2017 FASTSIGNS Customer Solutions Awards, which included two grand prize winners: FASTSIGNS of Lancaster, Pennsylvania and FASTSIGNS of Boca Raton, Florida.
- Five franchisees were voted on by other franchisees to be recognized for their local charitable initiatives in the internal FASTSIGNS “Show Us How You Care” contest, each winning a $1,000 contribution for the local charity of their choice.
- 357 bags with blankets, personal care items and games were assembled by attendees in a “Thank You for Your Service” project for veterans at the nearby Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center as part of the second “FASTSIGNS Community Giveback Breakfast with a Purpose.”
“All in all, another very successful event that sets the stage for another very successful year,” Monson said.
FASTSIGNS International, Inc. is the largest sign and visual communications franchisor in North America, and is the worldwide franchisor of more than 675 independently owned and operated FASTSIGNS® centers in eight countries including the U.S., Canada, England, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Grand Cayman, Mexico and Australia (where centers operate as SIGNWAVE®).
FASTSIGNS locations provide comprehensive sign and visual graphic solutions to help companies of all sizes and across all industries attract more attention, communicate their message, sell more products, help visitors find their way and extend their branding across all of their customer touch points including décor, events, wearables and marketing materials. Learn more about sign and visual graphic solutions or find a location at fastsigns.com. Follow the brand on Twitter @FASTSIGNS, Facebook at facebook.com/FASTSIGNS or on LinkedIn. For information about the FASTSIGNS franchise opportunity, contact Mark Jameson (firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214.346.5679).
FASTSIGNS Corporate Communications
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances