Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Celebrates Year of the Kids with Recycled Pig Contest
Classic Southern Barbecue Chain Encourages Pint-Sized Patrons to Take Part in National Contest with a Grand Prize of a Family Cruise for Four
April 02, 2018 // Franchising.com // Jacksonville, Florida - National classic Southern barbecue chain - Woody’s Bar-B-Q - has declared 2018 “The Year of the Kids.” As a family-friendly concept that regularly features Kids Eat Free Nights at its 20 locations throughout the Eastern United States, it seemed a natural next step to devote an entire year to the littlest barbecue lovers. In addition to its recent announcement of a partnership with No Kid Hungry - a program of the nonprofit Share Our Strength focused on ending child hunger, Woody’s Bar-B-Q continues its Year of the Kids with a Recycled Pig Contest. Between April 1 and May 30, pint-sized patrons up to the age of 10 are encouraged to create a pig of their own design using recycled materials and then bring it into their favorite local Woody’s Bar-B-Q location. There it will be photographed and shared on the restaurant’s social media pages, as well as being displayed at the location. Each franchise owner will select and send their individual picks for the best Recycled Pig to Woody’s Bar-B-Q Corporate Headquarters. A final selection will be made and the winner will be announced on June15, 2018. The creator of the winning entry will receive a Family Cruise for Four (valued at $2000*).
“April is Keep America Beautiful Month - the perfect time to launch a contest like this and get kids thinking about the environment,” said Yolanda Mills-Mawman, President and COO of Woody’s Bar-B-Q. “We’re excited to see the entries as they roll in and look forward to rewarding our participants’ hard work and creativity with a chance to win a cruise for their family. And it doesn’t end there! We have lots of fun things in store during the months to come as our celebration of The Year of the Kids continues.”
In addition to the Recycled Pig Contest, The Year of the Kids at Woody’s Bar-B-Q will feature:
- Now through April 19, 2018 - Spend a Dollar, Fill a Tummy: Guests will have an opportunity to fill the walls of their favorite local Woody’s Bar-B-Q with cute little kids faces, emblazoned with the name of the purchaser. Each face is just $1, and all proceeds from this event will benefit No Kid Hungry.
- June 2018 - Have a Meal, Feed a Child: A portion of the proceeds** from entrées purchased at Woody’s Bar-B-Q will benefit No Kid Hungry. The more entrees purchased during this month, the more money raised - so barbecue fans are encouraged to bring a crowd and visit often in June.
- June-July 2018 - Summer Savings: Kids Meals will be just $2.99 at participating locations and served on flying disks that kids can keep for fun outdoor play! An entirely new reason for them to clean their plates!
- September 2018 - Spare Rib Eating Contest: Participating Woody’s Bar-B-Q locations will play host to a Spare Rib Eating Contest on a Saturday during the month of September. 100% of the proceeds from this event will benefit No Kid Hungry.
- October 2018 - Costume Contest: On Halloween Night, pint-sized patrons are encouraged to come to Woody’s Bar-B-Q in their costumes for a chance to win prizes.
Children who opt to take part in the Recycled Pig Contest at Woody’s Bar-B-Q must put their name and contact information on their submission in order to have their entry considered as a potential prize winner. Entries must contain only found materials that are recyclable. To learn more about these and other upcoming events at Woody’s Bar-B-Q, interested parties are encouraged to visit the classic Southern barbecue chain’s website at www.woodys.com and follow the corporate Facebook page for updates at https://www.facebook.com/WoodysFranchiseSystems/.
About Woody’s Bar-B-Q®
After opening their first Woody’s Bar-B-Q in 1980, partners Woody Mills and Yolanda Mills-Mawman have spent nearly four decades setting the “bar” higher for classic Southern barbecue. From the humble beginnings of just one location in Jacksonville, Florida, a shared passion for barbecue, and a dog-eared collection of recipes, Mills and Mawman have grown the Woody’s Bar-B-Q brand to locations reaching from the Deep South where barbecue is king to the Northeast and Midwestern fronts. Perhaps best known for their legendary melt-in-your-mouth slow-smoked Signature Baby Back Ribs, Woody’s has also built quite a following among patrons with their secret recipe barbecue sauces and meats, as well as their freshly prepared comfort food-inspired side dishes. Individuals who wish to learn more about becoming a Woody’s Bar-B-Q franchisee are encouraged to visit http://www.woodys.com/franchise/.
* Cruise only; airfare not included in prize.
** $250/location or 10% of net sales at participating locations.
No Purchase Necessary.Open to residents of the 50 U.S. (D.C.) 10 years old or younger. Ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 5/31/18 Void where prohibited. Visit www.woodys.com for Official Rules including odds, and prize descriptions. Sponsor: Woody’s Bar-B-Q 4745 Sutton Park Ct. Ste 301, Jacksonville, FL 32224 Copyright Woody’s Bar-B-Q Inc, 2018.
Phone: 904-992-0556 x 36
SOURCE Woody’s Bar-B-Q®
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances