Realogy-affiliated Agents and Agent Teams Represent Nearly a Quarter of the 2018 REAL Trends/The Wall Street Journal Top 1,000
MADISON, N.J. - June 29, 2018 // PRNewswire // - Agents and teams associated with Realogy's franchise brands and company-owned brokerages represent 24 percent of the 2018 REAL Trends/The Wall Street Journal report, The Thousand, that was released today. Realogy brand-affiliated agents and teams have the most placements of any real estate organization in this annual report of the nation's top 1,000 agents and teams based on their sales volume and transaction sides in 2017.
"The impressive representation by our affiliated agents and agent teams is a clear indication of our industry-leading national scale and a testament to their industry and market knowledge," said Ryan Schneider, Realogy's chief executive officer and president.
Tweet: Realogy-affiliated agents and teams make up nearly a quarter of the @realtrends /@wsj report The Thousand. http://realtrends.com/rankings/rt1000 #RT1000
Notable Overall Rankings
Overall, agents and teams affiliated with a Realogy brand account for:
- The most top agents based on sales volume (109) and transaction sides (79), respectively.
- An 8.5 percent increase in sales volume year-over-year.
Additionally, NRT LLC, Realogy's company-owned brokerage unit, accounted for 77 (31 percent) of the top agents based on sales volume, including 10 of the top 30.
- Coldwell Banker® led all other real estate franchise brands with 41 agents ranked by sales volume, including the No. 2 ranked agent overall (Chris Cortazzo, Malibu, California).
- Sotheby's International Realty® claimed 40 of the top 250 sales agents in the individual sales volume category.
- ERA® saw an increase in sides (5 percent) and volume (15 percent) from its ranked affiliated professionals in 2017 vs. 2016. Additionally, ERA had four of the top-20 ranked sales associates in individual sides.
- Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate saw an overall increase in sides (48 percent) over 2017, and had one affiliated agent in the top 20 rankings by sides.
- CENTURY 21® placed 14 of the top 100 agents for individual sides.
- The Corcoran Group experienced a 23 percent increase in volume year-over-year, and had more individual agents in the New York metropolitan area markets based on individual sales volume than any other firm.
The REAL Trends/The Wall Street Journal Top Thousand program was developed jointly by The Wall Street Journal advertising sales department and REAL Trends, a leading source of analysis and information for the residential real estate brokerage industry. The Thousand honors America's finest real estate agents and their companies and is compiled and analyzed by REAL Trends.
About Realogy Holdings Corp.
Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) is the leading and most integrated provider of residential real estate services in the U.S. that is focused on empowering independent sales agents to best serve today's consumers. Realogy delivers its services through its well-known industry brands including Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, Corcoran Group®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty® as well as NRT, Cartus, Title Resource Group and ZapLabs, an in-house innovation and technology development lab. Realogy's fully integrated business model includes brokerage, franchising, relocation, mortgage, and title and settlement services. Realogy provides independent sales agents access to leading technology, best-in-class marketing and learning programs, and support services to help them become more productive and build stronger businesses. Realogy's affiliated brokerages operate around the world with approximately 190,800 independent sales agents in the United States and approximately 98,200 independent sales agents in approximately 115 other countries and territories. Realogy is headquartered in Madison, New Jersey.
SOURCE Realogy Holdings Corp.