RE/MAX Office Owners & Managers Gather in Washington, D.C.
Network leaders talk brand, housing market and continued agent growth
August 22, 2018 // Franchising.com // DENVER - RE/MAX leaders reinforced the network’s commitment to agent development, savvy marketing and advanced technology during the Opening General Session of the 2018 RE/MAX Broker Owner & Manager Conference in the nation’s capital this week. The 1,200 attendees from 10 countries gathered to discuss housing issues, share ideas and explore new ways to help their sales associates do more in their local markets.
They’re also celebrating a new milestone in the global franchisor’s 45-year history - the highest quarter-end agent count on record, at 123,082 agents, as of June 30, 2018.
“We’ve had a lot of success this year and we have a lot to celebrate, but we’re driving to do even more and achieve even more,” RE/MAX CEO Adam Contos said at the opening session. “We have what agents love. We are winners, thinkers and doers. We are a business that grows businesses. We are the destination for top producers and those that aspire to be. We are destination RE/MAX.”
The Conference, held at the Washington D.C. Marriott Marquis, began with a welcome reception Sunday evening followed by the big opener Monday morning, where Contos was joined by RE/MAX Co-Founder and Chairman of the Board, Dave Liniger.
“If you’re a great leader you don’t have to worry about the competition; let the competition worry about you,” said Liniger who was greeted with a standing ovation. “You must be so committed, with laser focus to achieve the paramount goal you’re chasing.”
Netflix’s former Chief Talent Officer, Patty McCord, also spoke about building successful teams and acquiring great talent. Internationally renowned speaker and author Seth Mattison closed out the conference.
Throughout the three-day event, conference-goers attended training, networking events and educational sessions focused on agent recruitment, office profitability and technology including updates on the rollout of technology being built by booj. RE/MAX acquired booj earlier this year and announced initial rollouts of the new platform beginning in the fourth quarter.
Other notable highlights and announcements:
- RE/MAX University (RU) has had more than 100,000 course registrations since 2009 and provides more than 70 designations, certifications, courses and learning tracks. The award-winning education program also will feature more live training and instruction for real estate teams, as well as a Broker dashboard to track learning across the entire office.
- RE/MAX will launch a new advertising campaign in 2019 that will include technology allowing agents to customize their own video ads.
- After surveying more than 60,000 RE/MAX agents in the United States, RE/MAX received an impressive Net Promoter Score of 71, meaning agents continue to be highly loyal to the brand.
- The RE/MAX Broker/Owners had a lot to celebrate as the company was ranked a top 10 global franchise for the first time this year by Entrepreneur magazine, placing seventh overall.
- RE/MAX agents and their office owners from around the world will gather again next year at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, February 25-28.
About the RE/MAX Network
As one of the leading global real estate franchisors, RE/MAX, LLC is a subsidiary of RE/MAX Holdings (NYSE: RMAX) with over 120,000 agents in more than 100 countries and territories. Nobody in the world sells more real estate than RE/MAX, as measured by residential transaction sides. Dedicated to innovation and change in the real estate industry, RE/MAX launched Motto Mortgage, a ground-breaking mortgage franchisor, in 2016 and acquired booj, a real estate technology company, in 2018. RE/MAX agents have lived, worked and served in their local communities for decades, raising millions of dollars every year for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals® and other charities. To learn more about RE/MAX, to search home listings or find an agent in your community, please visit www.remax.com. For the latest news about RE/MAX, please visit www.remax.com/newsroom.
SOURCE the RE/MAX Network