PizzaRev Amps Up Franchise Development Team to Enhance Franchisee Support, Drive Growth
Veteran Franchise Restaurant-Industry Executives Join PizzaRev as Brand Ignites Franchise Expansion
September 18, 2018 // Franchising.com // Westlake Village, Calif. - PizzaRev, the iconic Southern California fast casual concept that has built legions of loyal fans nationwide as the quality leader among build-your-own pizza brands, announced today the recent additions made to the company’s franchise development leadership team.
The individuals comprising the enhanced development leadership team were chosen to advance the brand’s growth initiatives as the popular chain receives continued interest from prospective franchise partners.
Corporate leadership appointments announced today include:
- Ed Yancey, director of franchising, will be responsible for national and international franchise sales; Yancey previously held franchise development leadership positions at Jersey Mike’s and Dunkin’ Brands where he successfully led large-scale expansion efforts.
- Brian Durkin, real estate strategist, will support franchisees with location selection, site analytics and restaurant design expertise; Durkin is a true industry veteran, having worked at McDonald’s in senior executive roles in the U.S. and Asia, and being part of the acquisition/investment team that crafted the strategy for Chipotle’s nationwide expansion. Durkin has already developed flagship formats and strategic alliance partnerships for PizzaRev franchise developers.
Under their direction, PizzaRev has launched the “1-3-5 Royalty Incentive” program that is now available for a limited time offering an unmatched opportunity to entrepreneurially driven individuals seeking investment opportunities in the strongest restaurant category, fast casual.
Qualified candidates will benefit from the tiered royalty structure as follows:
- For the first 12-month period following the effective date of the franchise agreement, PizzaRev will collect only one percent of the revenues generated by the PizzaRev restaurant.
- For the second 12-month period following the effective date of the franchise agreement, PizzaRev will collect just three percent of the revenues generated by the PizzaRev restaurant.
- Finally, for the third through tenth 12-month period following the effective date of the franchise agreement, PizzaRev will collect five percent of the revenue generated by the PizzaRev restaurant.
This tiered incentive deal applies only to units franchisees commit to developing in 2018 and allows franchisees to reinvest what would have been spent on royalties back into their businesses. Typically, the royalty fee is a flat five percent of revenues.
With a strong focus on local markets such as Austin, Texas; Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Chicago, Ill. and Los Angeles, Calif. PizzaRev is ready to amplify what already has become a regional sensation. The artisanal pizza concept serving fresh-pressed homemade dough, locally sourced ingredients, all-natural cheeses and vegan and gluten-free options offers unprecedented speed of service due largely to its custom-built 900-degree stone-bed oven.
“A dedicated group of franchise development experts is exactly what PizzaRev needs as the brand grows its national fan base and reaches new franchise growth milestones,” said Ed Yancey, director of franchising at PizzaRev. “After months of planning, I am thrilled to be joined by Brian as we bring an even stronger support team to our franchise partners. We look forward to developing our creative advances for fans and franchisees alike.”
Founded in Los Angeles in 2012, PizzaRev is a "build-your-own" fast-casual pizza concept that has reinvented the way America eats its favorite food. Guests are empowered to fully customize a personal-sized 11" pizza for one price. Homemade dough options, flavorful sauces, all-natural cheeses, and more than 30 artisanal toppings, everything is on display at PizzaRev and crafted right before your eyes. The pizzas are then fired in a 900-degree, stone-bed oven which produces a crispy Roman-style pizza in just three minutes.
In 2017, Cleveland Avenue, LLC, a Chicago-based accelerator that strategically invests in innovative, consumer-focused restaurant, food and beverage concepts, became a strategic partner and majority investor in PizzaRev.
PizzaRev, which is currently franchising, operates more than 45 locations with an additional 200 franchises under development across Mexico and 11 states: CA, CO, FL, GA, NV, NY, OH, SD, TN, TX and UT.
Visit www.PizzaRev.com for the latest company news and location information. You can also find PizzaRev on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
All Points Public Relations