A Grand Transformation For Hyatt Regency Hangzhou
Renovated hotel soon to be re-introduced as Grand Hyatt Hangzhou on iconic West Lake’s north shore
November 28, 2018 // Franchising.com // HANGZHOU, China - Following 18 months of renovations, Hyatt Regency Hangzhou is expected to be re-branded to Grand Hyatt Hangzhou on December 18, 2018. The hotel is an inviting escape for guests and locals alike to indulge in a modern luxury experience like no other, while seeking out the best Hangzhou has to offer. Located at the crossroads of local culture and global business, Grand Hyatt Hangzhou will be the first Grand Hyatt hotel in the Zhejiang Province and the 15th in Greater China.
“We are thrilled to introduce the Grand Hyatt experience to the locals and visitors of Hangzhou,” says General Manager Nicholas Lacey. “We are truly blessed to have this incredible location overlooking West Lake and believe that the breathtaking views coupled with our beautiful recent renovations will make Grand Hyatt Hangzhou the leading destination in the city for business and leisure travel – and to celebrate life’s special moments.”
The hotel is expected to conclude an extensive renovation of its public areas, guestrooms, meeting and event space and restaurants in January 2019. The renovation, which commenced in 2017, was spearheaded by award-winning Thai interior design firm P49 Deesign. With the hotel’s rebrand in mind, the firm set out to develop Grand Hyatt Hangzhou into a transformative destination with modern, timeless interiors that would reflect the city’s rich history and culture while taking full advantage of the prized lake view.
The new Grand Hyatt Hangzhou will feature:
- 388 guestrooms and suites, ranging in size from 366–2,500 square feet (34–240 square meters). Designed to amplify the breathtaking lake or city views, the indulgent rooms will feature a comforting mix of textures in the wallcoverings and soft furnishings with subtle Chinese design elements appearing in the furniture and wall art.
- The Grand Club Lounge will offer club-level guests complimentary breakfast, all-day light refreshments and evening cocktails and canapés, as well as the use of the boardrooms and all-day assistance from the Club Concierge. Grand Club guests will also have access to a 4,300 sq.-ft. (400 sq-m) outdoor roof terrace where they will enjoy an exclusive view of the spectacular West Lake Musical Fountain show that performs nightly.
- Seven globally inspired cocktail and dining venues will aim to offer the highest-quality ingredients, creativity and variety. The renovated Grand Café and Pastry Boutique will share space with a new venue, Patio, which will be a casual indoor and outdoor dining venue overlooking West Lake specializing in authentic Italian pasta and pizza. In Q1 2019, Grand Hyatt Steakhouse will open and offer a rich variety of seafood and exclusive cuts of meat, as well as an Art Deco-inspired cocktail lounge, The Antique Door, featuring a wide range of Champagne, sake and whiskey, accompanied by an international band. Led by Executive Chef Vincenzo Carbone, the culinary team will source the finest ingredients - local and organic when possible - to create authentic cuisine and unforgettable dining experiences.
- Opening in early 2019, HUAN Spa and Fitness Center will feature an 82 foot-long (25 meter-) long heated indoor pool with a skylight ceiling, pool bar and stunning lake views. Next to the pool, the fitness center will be well-equipped with the latest cardio and strength training machines supervised by the fitness center’s experienced team of fitness professionals. Utilizing natural, local ingredients such as Osmanthus and the world-renowned Longjin green tea, the spa will offer a menu of results-driven treatments that aim to promote complete wellbeing.
- Re-introduced after a complete renovation in 2017, the hotel’s more-than 35,000 square feet (3,300 square meters) of lavish event space features the latest audiovisual technology and is among the most sophisticated event venues in the Zhejiang capital. Aided by a creative, enthusiastic and highly experienced team of culinary experts and event-planning professionals, the hotel is primed to create spectacular experiences, ranging from elaborate events to simple delights.
For more information, please call the hotel at +86 571 8779 1234.
About Grand Hyatt
Around the world, Grand Hyatt hotels bring travel dreams to life by celebrating all that is iconic within the destination. Located at the crossroads of local culture and global business within major gateway cities and resort destinations, each Grand Hyatt hotel is uniquely designed to reflect its own distinct environment and provides a hub for travelers and locals alike. Grand Hyatt hotels deliver bold and vibrant moments of more offering guests superior service, first-class accommodations and an abundance of options within a multicultural backdrop of dramatic architecture and innovative design. Grand Hyatt properties boast inventive restaurants, luxury spas, fitness centers, and business and meeting facilities. For additional information or to make a reservation, please visit grandhyatt.com. Follow @GrandHyatt on Facebook and Instagram, and tag photos with #GoGrand.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 14 premier brands. As of September 30, 2018, the Company's portfolio included more than 750 properties in more than 55 countries across six continents. The Company's purpose to care for people so they can be their best informs its business decisions and growth strategy and is intended to attract and retain top colleagues, build relationships with guests and create value for shareholders. The Company's subsidiaries develop, own, operate, manage, franchise, license or provide services to hotels, resorts, branded residences, vacation ownership properties, and fitness and spa locations, including under the Park Hyatt®, Miraval®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Andaz®, Hyatt Centric®, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Residence Club® and Exhale® brand names. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.
Forward-Looking Statements in this press release, which are not historical facts, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Our actual results, performance or achievements may differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the use of words such as “may,” “could,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “seek,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “potential,” “continue,” “likely,” “will,” “would” and variations of these terms and similar expressions, or the negative of these terms or similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable by us and our management, are inherently uncertain. Factors that may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from current expectations include, among others, the rate and pace of economic recovery following economic downturns; levels of spending in business and leisure segments as well as consumer confidence; declines in occupancy and average daily rate; the financial condition of, and our relationships with, third-party property owners, franchisees and hospitality venture partners; the possible inability of third-party owners, franchisees or development partners to access the capital necessary to fund current operations or implement our plans for growth; risks associated with potential acquisitions and dispositions and the introduction of new brand concepts; failure to successfully complete proposed transactions (including the failure to satisfy closing conditions or obtain required approvals); changes in the competitive environment in our industry, including as a result of industry consolidation, and the markets where we operate; general volatility of the capital markets and our ability to access such markets; and other risks discussed in the Company's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K, which filings are available from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. These factors are not necessarily all of the important factors that could cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed in or implied by any of our forward-looking statements. We caution you not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which are made only as of the date of this press release. We undertake no obligation to update publicly any of these forward-looking statements to reflect actual results, new information or future events, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking statements, except to the extent required by applicable law. If we update one or more forward-looking statements, no inference should be drawn that we will make additional updates with respect to those or other forward-looking statements.
Hyatt Regency Hangzhou
+86 571 8779 1234
SOURCE Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business