Dunkin’ Delivers a Dozen Days of Joy to Celebrate the Holiday Season
Dunkin’ joy squads will distribute $120,000 in free gift cards and give donations to local organizations in 12 cities across the country
Joy in Childhood Foundation® launches “Dogs for Joy” program, committing $2 million in grants to increase the number of full-time service dogs in children’s hospitals
December 13, 2018 // Franchising.com // CANTON, MA - The holidays are meant to be joyful, but at times the pressures and expectations around the season can get in the way. As the brand that refuels optimism, Dunkin’ is committed to creating moments of happiness and cheer, today kicking off a new “Dozen Days of Joy” program featuring special content and various activations each of the next 12 days to help celebrate the most wonderful time of the year and inspire people to share joy with others.
To start spreading the joyful spirit across the country, over the next 12 days (December 12–23) Dunkin’ joy squads will visit 12 select U.S. cities, distributing a total of $120,000 in free Dunkin’ Gift Cards ($10,000 worth of $5 Gift Cards per city) to help people who live and work there keep themselves running with Dunkin’s holiday coffees, lattes and more. No purchase necessary, must be 18+. Ends 12/23/18. For additional terms and conditions, visit DDsweeps.com.
In each of these 12 cities, Dunkin’ will also make a $1,000 donation to a local organization aligned with the mission of the Joy in Childhood Foundation® to bring the simple joys of childhood to kids battling hunger or illness. More details can be found on Dunkin’s blog. The Joy in Childhood Foundation is the independent charitable foundation powered by Dunkin’ and Baskin-Robbins.
As part of Dunkin’s “Dozen Days of Joy,” the Joy in Childhood Foundation is launching its new “Dogs for Joy” program to bring in-residence dogs to children’s hospitals nationwide. Dogs in this program are bred and trained as service dogs but “work” full-time in children’s hospitals. Through more than $2 million in initial grants the program will dramatically increase the number of in-residence dog programs in pediatric healthcare settings around the country and the prevalence of animal-assisted therapy as part of treatment. For more details about the program and to apply for a grant, please visit https://www.joyinchildhoodfoundation.org/dogsforjoy/.
Over the next 12 days, Dunkin’ fans everywhere can follow the brand’s social channels for daily holiday-themed videos, GIFs and content specially created to deliver delight. Dunkin’ is also brewing joy this season both in its restaurants and online with a number of holiday menu items, special offers and more, including:
- Perfect Presents: For a perfect way to please any Dunkin’ fan with fun and affordable gifts, Dunkin’ has two new branded holiday ornaments featuring the famous boy and girl Elf on the Shelf keeping watch from inside a donut, for the suggested retail price of $9.99. Other available gifts include two varieties of Dunkin’ donut socks, Pumpkin and Cinnamon Bun flavored lip balm, a color-changing ceramic mug, tumblers and more. All are available exclusively at participating Dunkin’ restaurants nationwide.
- Gift Card Special: For another sweet stocking stuffer, Dunkin’ has a variety of special seasonal card designs to celebrate the holidays and the start of winter. Now through December 24, anyone who purchases at least $25 in Dunkin’ Gift Cards at DunkinDonuts.com will receive a $10 promotional eGift card, while supplies last*.
- Brewing a Festive Holiday Menu: Dunkin’s holiday lineup, introduced in November, includes new Cinnamon Sticky Bun Flavored Coffee and Lattes, White Chocolate Flavored Coffees and Lattes, new Cinnamon Cream Cheese Spread, new Holiday Spice Bacon Breakfast Sandwich, new HERSHEY’S® KISSES® Donut and the Dear Santa Donut. The brand’s holiday menu is available for a limited time at participating Dunkin’ restaurants nationwide.
- Espresso Afternoon Break: Dunkin’ recently launched an entirely new handcrafted espresso experience in its restaurants, with new state-of-the-art espresso equipment for optimal espresso bean extraction and a new recipe for a stronger and more robust flavor profile. For an afternoon break amid the hectic holiday season, guests can enjoy a medium-sized Dunkin’ latte or cappuccino for $2 from 2 PM to 6 PM at participating locations through December 30.
To learn more about Dunkin’, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com or subscribe to the Dunkin’ blog to receive notifications at https://news.dunkindonuts.com/blog.
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced regular/decaf/flavored coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' has earned a No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for 12 years running. The company has more than 12,700 restaurants in 43 countries worldwide. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.
*Minimum purchase of $25 in total Dunkin’ Gift Cards during one transaction on www.giftcards.dunkindonuts.com only. Excludes Dunkin’ Gift Card purchases in Dunkin’ restaurants, bulk, and 3rd Party locations. Limit one $10 promotional eGift Card per customer from 11/26/18 – 12/24/18 or while supplies last. The $10 promotional eGift Card must be enrolled on the Dunkin' Mobile App, Dunkindonuts.com or redeemed at a participating Dunkin’ locations by 1/31/19 to receive promotional $10 value.
SOURCE Dunkin’ Brands
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances