IHG signs first avid™ hotel in Germany at IHIF 2019
Continued growth momentum for IHG’s new mainstream brand with signing debut for Frankfurt property
March 06, 2019 // Franchising.com // IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, and Germany-based Sirius Hospitality Holding GmbH today announce the signing of the first avid™ hotel in Germany which is due to open at Frankfurt Airport. Representatives of both companies closed the deal at the International Hotel Investment Forum (IHIF) in Berlin, Europe’s leading hotel investment conference.
The avid hotels brand was thoughtfully designed for travellers who want a hotel experience that meets their expectations for the type of hospitality they value most – the basics done exceptionally well at a fair price. The first avid hotel signed in Germany will be strategically located at Frankfurt Airport, the fourth-largest international airport in Europe and number 14 worldwide. The hotel will be a five-story, new-build hotel with 215 guest rooms and underground parking. Construction is planned to start later this year and the hotel is expected to open in 2021.
Germany is one of five priority markets for IHG after a strong growth momentum since 2015, with 132 hotels already open or in the development pipeline. IHG is now seeking to build further on this hotel growth momentum with the ambition for avid hotels to become one of their biggest brands in Germany.
The first important step in realising this ambition was the signing of a Multiple Development Agreement (MDA) with existing partner GS Star GmbH (GS Star) at EXPO Real in Munich last October, committing to bring 15 avid hotels to the German market. In Sirius Hospitality Holding GmbH, IHG now has a second partner who believes in the unique offer of the new mainstream brand and is committed to bring the avid hotels brand to market.
- Mario Maxeiner, Managing Director Northern Europe, at IHG said: “The first signing in Germany for our new high-quality mainstream brand demonstrates further momentum for avid hotels. New hotel signings continue to exceed expectations, with more than 170 signings across the U.S., Canada, Mexico and now Germany. In Germany, we believe that the brand has the potential to be an important mainstream growth vehicle – with both compelling consumer demand and owner interest. We are delighted to develop our first avid hotels property in the market with Sirius Hospitality Holding – a partner with whom we have successfully built properties in the past.”
- Maike Liell, Board Member, Sirius Hospitality Holding GmbH commented: “Through our previous developments we have seen the value that IHG’s systems and expertise can bring to a hotel owner. We are excited by the avid hotels brand, which has already carved its own space in the American market and we can see how it can work here in Germany. avid hotels is the perfect fit for the currently underserved market for good-value accommodation that serves the needs of German travellers.”
avid hotels is the future of everyday travel, where the essentials are done right. Every time. Listening to travellers’ needs, the brand has been specifically designed to deliver:
- Clear and simple booking: The avid hotels brand will leverage the latest in technology to enable a seamless experience for our guests including next generation reservation system and IHG® Connect enhanced Wi-Fi technology.
- Rooms designed for sound sleep: Delivering a best-in-class sleep experience, with rooms intentionally designed for reliable rest. This includes a high-quality mattress and linens, choice of firm and soft pillows, black out roller shades and a purposeful design that reduces noise.
- Breakfast and beyond: A select number of high-quality breakfast items will be included in the room rate for guests to grab-and-go or enjoy in the lobby, alongside around-the-clock complimentary premium coffee experience. Additionally, a well curated 24-hour marketplace offers food, drinks and everyday essentials.
- avid hotels guarantee: the brand is committed to great stays and has developed the avid hotels guarantee to ensure that the room will be ‘just right’ upon arrival so that guests can rest assured that they made the right decision by choosing avid hotels.
IHG ® (InterContinental Hotels Group) [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, including Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN® Hotels, HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, voco™ Hotels, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, Holiday Inn Resort®, avid™ hotels, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites®.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns more than 5,600 hotels and approximately 837,000 guest rooms in more than 100 countries, with more than 1,900 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also manages IHG® Rewards Club, our global loyalty programme, which has more than 100 million enrolled members.
In February 2019, IHG acquired Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, adding 16 hotels (1,347 rooms) to its system and 18 hotels to its development pipeline.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. More than 400,000 people work across IHG's hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit www.ihg.com for hotel information and reservations and www.ihgrewardsclub.com for more on IHG Rewards Club. For our latest news, visit: www.ihgplc.com/media and follow us on social media at: www.twitter.com/IHGCorporate, www.facebook.com/IHGCorporate and www.linkedin.com/company/intercontinental-hotels-group
+49 (0) 69 2740 1450
SOURCE IHG ® (InterContinental Hotels Group)