Generation Next Announces Software, Firmware Updates for Reis & Irvy’s Robots
SAN DIEGO, CA - March 25, 2019 // GLOBE NEWSWIRE // - via NEWMEDIAWIRE – Generation Next Franchise Brands (OTCQB: VEND) announced today that its flagship subsidiary and premium, robotic soft serve franchise, Reis & Irvy’s, has begun general distribution of an updated software and firmware bundle for its robotic kiosks, known as Version 0.71. The company also announced that a further update, Software 0.72, is expected to be released in mid-April.
Version 0.71 was first beta tested on 61 kiosks before being approved for general release, and consists of both a firmware (low-level software that controls a device’s specific hardware) and software update which together improve system stability and significantly improve the kiosks’ payment systems, among other fixes and improvements.
Franchisees who served as beta testers for the update reported positive results:
- “We are extremely happy that the Stoelting Firmware and 0.71 software version upgrades have apparently eliminated the HVB (High Voltage Board) issues we had been having at the Art Institute. We have been running two weeks solid now without an error.”
Michael Bingham - Reis & Irvy’s Houston, TX
- “As you know, our first robot has been installed since October of last year and we’ve struggled through just about every issue that has been discussed in the portal. I’m very pleased to report that after having upgraded to 0.71 as part of the beta test several weeks ago, the stability of our robot has tremendously improved. The HVB errors and payment issues have completely subsided. Thanks for all the hard work by you and your team to get us to this point, and especially to the support team who has spent countless hours helping us troubleshoot. We are looking forward to the future enhancements.”
Ken Green – Reis & Irvy’s Columbus, OH
- “I had a good week on the new software and just completed the patch this morning. Overall, things look pretty good. The machine appears to be operating well and I didn’t notice anything obvious with the operation. Portion sizes and consistency seem consistent and reliable. No HVB errors at all, either.”
Craig Webb - Reis & Irvy’s Connecticut
- “Peter and I believe it is ready for release. We were having tons of trouble with HVB errors on some of our machines we operate and since updating they have become more stable. We also haven’t had the screens freeze on “building your order,” which we were plagued with. And issues with cash are much better.”
Stuart Shapiro - Reis & Irvy’s Philadelphia
- “As far as the software update…it fixed the HVB errors that we were experiencing daily and we are all set right now. With the two machines we have had only one issue, which was the recharging error […] We updated the software on that one to the new one you provided, and it resolved that for now. Looks like that was what we needed!”
Chelsea Meeks Reis & Irvy’s Indianapolis
Feature-focused Software update expected in mid-April
Generation Next and Reis & Irvy’s say they are planning on a consistent update cycle, with Version 0.72 of the Reis & Irvy’s software expected in mid-April. Unlike 0.71, which focused on stability and bug fixes, Version 0.72 is expected to be in large part a feature-focused update, according to Generation Next CEO, Nick Yates.
“Based on franchisee feedback and demand, the next version of the software will focus primarily on networking and remote functionality, allowing franchisees to access the kiosk remotely,” Yates said.
The company said that specific features expected in the mid-April release include:
- The ability to add new flavors and toppings online.
- Creating remote promotional codes.
- A new screen allowing local health inspectors the ability to access product temperatures, cleaning cycles and sample size vends to evaluate the overall quality of the product.
- New attract mode video to engage more customers - https://vimeo.com/315763052/71926a4089
- Improved reporting and additional alerts allowing the operator to spend less time at the kiosk
- Remote soft reset
There are some 200 Reis & Irvy’s kiosks currently installed nationwide, with some 300 premium locations currently secured and pending installation. Recent engineering and software improvements and a partnership with Stoelting Foodservice are helping to normalize and scale production and delivery of the company’s robotic kiosks, the company said.
For more information, visit the Reis & Irvy’s website at www.reisandirvys.com or call Toll-Free (888) 902-7558.
Generation NEXT Website: www.gennextbrands.com
About Generation NEXT Franchise Brands, Inc.
Generation NEXT Franchise Brands, Inc., based in San Diego, California, is a publicly traded company on the OTC Markets trading under the symbol OTCBB: VEND. Generation NEXT Franchise Brands, Inc. is parent company to Reis and Irvy's, Inc. and Generation NEXT Vending Robots.
About Reis & Irvy’s, Inc.
Reis & Irvy’s, Inc. is a subsidiary franchise concept of Generation NEXT Franchise Brands, Inc. (VEND). Launched in early 2016, the revolutionary Reis & Irvy’s Vending Robot serves frozen yogurt, ice cream, sorbets and gelatos, a choice of up to six custom toppings, and to customers within 60 seconds or less at the point of sale. The unique franchise opportunity has since established itself as a high-demand product and currently showcases a franchise network both domestically as well as internationally.
This information is not an earnings statement and is not intended as an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, a franchise. It is for information purposes only. No Reis & Irvy's franchises will be sold to any resident of any state until the offering has been exempted from the requirements of, or duly registered in and declared effective by, such state and the required FDD (if any) has been delivered to the prospective franchisee before the sale in compliance with applicable law. Currently, the following states in the United States regulate the offer and sale of franchises: California, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. If you reside in one of these states, or even if you reside elsewhere, you may have certain rights under applicable franchise laws or regulations.
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Forward-looking statements include, among others, statements concerning our future financial performance, including statements regarding: our ability to generate revenue and recognize deferred revenue; our ability to timely launch delivery and installation of our frozen yogurt robots; and our ability to grow our franchising and licensing divisions and launch our corporate-owned and direct sales platforms. The Company bases these forward-looking statements on its current expectations, estimates and projections about future events and the industry in which it operates using information currently available to it. Actual results could differ materially from those discussed in, or implied by, these forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are identified by words such as "believe," "anticipate," "propose," "expect," "intend," "plan," "will," "may," "estimates," variations of such words and other similar expressions. In addition, any statements that refer to expectations, projections or other characterizations of future events or circumstances are forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ from those implied by the forward-looking statements contained in this press release are set forth in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended June 30, 2018, our Quarterly Reports, and our Current Reports on Form 8-K. Be advised that developments subsequent to this press release are likely to cause these statements to become outdated and the Company is under no obligation (and expressly disclaims any such obligation) to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
SOURCE Generation NEXT Franchise Brands, Inc.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances