Beef Jerky Outlet Now Open in City of Pittsburgh’s Strip District
An Amusement Park for Carnivores and a Gourmet Snack Lover’s Dream
May 08, 2019 // Franchising.com // Pittsburgh, Pa. - The newest local Beef Jerky Outlet is now open in City of Pittsburgh’s Strip District, located at 57 18th Street. The owners are currently planning a grand opening celebration for early June. To learn more about the store, and details on grand opening plans, visit the store on Facebook.
This Beef Jerky Outlet specializes in more than 100 varieties of premium jerky. There are exotic meats like kangaroo, alligator, venison and elk, as well as specialty flavors such as Moonshine and Cajun. Gourmet snacks, popcorn, candy, jellies, jams, sauces, spices and rubs are also available. There are even dog treats available. There is something for everyone.
“It’s been an adventure, and we can’t wait to share the beef jerky experience with everyone in Pittsburgh,” said Doug Young who owns the store with his brother Rick Young. “This is such a fun store where you get to try it before you buy it! We’ve got everything from your regular beef jerky to kangaroo and alligator.”
History of Jerky?The word jerky has its origins in the native languages of South America. In the 1800s, the term “jerky” quickly spread across the New World to describe the process of smoking, drying and curing beef. Native Americans, cowboys and pioneers made and embraced jerky as an easily transportable and long-lasting food source. Today, jerky is one of the fastest-growing snacks in the snack food industry. This is in part due to an increasingly high demand for lightweight, high-protein, low-fat, nutrient-dense foods.
All About Jerky
- Jerky has traditionally been the number-one favorite snack of the military, and for years, NASA has sent it into space with astronauts.
- IRI, a Chicago-based market research firm, reports sales of jerky jumped 46 percent from 2009 to 2015, and Americans spent $2.8 billion on beef jerky in 2015.
- Jerky is in the beef snack category - the fastest growing segment of the snack food industry (Convenience Store Decisions, Nov. 2012).
- Our nation’s health craze is fueling the jerky revolution as runners, weightlifters, hikers and weekend warriors eat it before, during and after exercise.
- Jerky is a popular snack for folks on the Paleo Diet, which urges consumers to eat the kinds of foods eaten by their hunter/gatherer ancestors.
- Jerky is catching on for women too, because the cured, low-fat snack provides an energy boost without spoiling the diet. A Penn State University study found physically active women, ages 18-45, consider jerky more convenient and satisfying than tortilla chips.
- Chefs are now incorporating jerky into their gourmet dishes. You can find jerky on the menus of high-end restaurants in Four Seasons hotels and others throughout the country.
About the Beef Jerky Outlet
The Beef Jerky Outlet was founded in 2010 and is the country’s first national jerky franchise. The company is headquartered in Kodak, Tennessee and there are currently more than 100 franchise locations, including 6 founder-owned stores, with 106 additional stores planned. The Beef Jerky Outlet specializes in more than 100 varieties of premium jerky including exotic meats like kangaroo, alligator, venison and elk, as well as specialty flavors such as Moonshine and Cajun. Jerky is lean, high in protein, low in calories, contains less than 3 percent fat and has an extremely long shelf life. Millions seek out and enjoy this very nutritious snack every day. Across the country, people are literally eating it up!
SOURCE The Beef Jerky Outlet
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Moving and Storage
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business