IHG® Announces Groundbreaking For New Holiday Inn Express® Hotel In Downtown Washington, D.C.
July 17, 2019 // Franchising.com // IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group), one of the world's leading hotel companies, today announces the groundbreaking of a new-build Holiday Inn Express® hotel in downtown Washington, D.C.
Scheduled to open in Q4 2020, the 247-room hotel will be owned by Washington, D.C.-based developer Habte Sequar with Lima Hotels LLC. Urgo Hotels & Resorts will manage the new property.
- Joel Eisemann, Chief Development Officer, Americas, IHG, said: “We are pleased to further establish the Holiday Inn Express brand presence in a premiere urban market such as Washington, D.C., and to serve the visitors of this historic city. We are also very pleased to be working with Habte Sequar, who has two decades of experience and a successful track record of developing multi-family properties throughout the area.”
Located at 317 K Street NW, the 14-story hotel will be a few blocks from the Mount Vernon Triangle Metro station, and the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. The property sits within the Mount Vernon Triangle neighborhood, 17 blocks of mixed-use development, which includes restaurants, shops, high-rise condominiums, apartments and 1.8 million square feet of office space.
- Habte Sequar, Principal, Lima Hotels LLC, commented: “We are extremely excited and proud to be associated with this strong brand. We are looking forward to a successful and long-lasting relationship with IHG.”
The hotel will feature a business center, fitness center, onsite parking, 1,500 square feet of meeting space and the brand’s signature complimentary hot breakfast bar. Guest rooms will feature the brand’s newest Formula Blue design solution with an appealing combination of fresh, energetic and engaging elements, creating a distinctive style that is evident at every touch point of the Holiday Inn Express brand experience.
Features of the Formula Blue design include:
- Public space that is upbeat, dynamic, and friendly, with varying sightlines that ensure amenities are easily identifiable and accessible. It provides the right mix of flexible area and furnishings to accommodate a wide range of needs and functions simultaneously.
- Guest rooms that provide a fresh, contemporary space with comforts and features that allow guests to be productive during their stay and have a great night's sleep.
The Formula Blue design is now in more than 1,400 Holiday Inn Express hotels open and under development in the Americas. The Holiday Inn Express brand has experienced significant growth with more than 2,700 hotels open worldwide, representing more than 282,000 rooms globally, and another 790 hotels under development.
The downtown Washington, D.C., market is an ideal spot for a new hotel and will cater to the area’s growing tourism. According to Destination D.C., the nation’s capital welcomed nearly 22 million domestic visitors in 2018.
IHG ® (InterContinental Hotels Group) [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, including Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN Hotels ®, HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, voco™ Hotels, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, Holiday Inn Resort®, avid™ hotels, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites®.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns more than 5,600 hotels and nearly 843,000 guest rooms in more than 100 countries, with over 1,900 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also manages IHG® Rewards Club, our global loyalty programme, which has more than 100 million enrolled members.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. More than 400,000 people work across IHG's hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit www.ihg.com for hotel information and reservations and www.ihgrewardsclub.com for more on IHG Rewards Club. For our latest news, visit: www.ihgplc.com/media.
About Holiday Inn Express®
For travelers on the go, Holiday Inn Express offers the basics done brilliantly – a great night’s sleep with EXPRESS Recharge, free high-speed Internet, and the Express Start® breakfast included – to help guests feel more than ready for their day. As the fastest growing brand for the InterContinental Hotels Group® (IHG®), Holiday Inn Express hotels can be found around the world, offering a simple, smart travel experience for both business and leisure travelers. In 2017, Holiday Inn Express introduced the updated Express Start breakfast featuring more than 30 complimentary hot and fresh items to choose from, including the signature one-touch pancake machine. For more information, visit www.holidayinnexpress.com.
+1 (770) 604 8564
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances