Southern California Merger Brings Better Homes And Gardens Real Estate Into San Bernardino County
Riverside’s Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Champions Joins with Redlands’ Elite Realty Group
August 19, 2019 // Franchising.com // MADISON, N.J. - Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC announced that Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Champions, based in Riverside, Calif., has merged with Elite Realty Group of nearby Redlands. The combined company, which now has more than 100 real estate affiliated agents, will retain the Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Champions name.
John Schulte, who has been the Broker/Owner of the Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate franchise since launching the firm last October, will head the company while Dennis Miller and Lavonne Webb, who previously led Elite Realty Group, will remain with the company and continue to serve key integral roles in the ongoing business and future development of the merged and growing brokerage.
- John Schulte came to real estate in 2000 after a successful corporate career. He has worked as an agent, office manager, regional manager and broker/owner. Schulte launched his new company in October 2018 and quickly grew to more than 90 agents with a 2018 sales volume of $110 million. This is his company’s first merger.
- Previously independent Elite Realty Group was a leading Redlands firm with more than $70 million in 2018 sales volume.
- Schulte will provide his new affiliated agents with a variety of BHGRE® marketing assets including the brand’s Distinctive Collection to more effectively work with the region’s affluent, and PinPoint, which utilizes Better Homes & Gardens magazine, and its publisher Meredith Corporation’s consumer behavior data harvested from its 175 million consumers, allowing agents to reach appropriate buyers for specific properties.
- Redlands has a population of about 70,000 and is located at the base of the San Bernardino Mountains, about 45 miles west of Palm Springs. Redlands has an average home sales price of more than $375,000.
- This marks the first Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate presence in San Bernardino County and continues its aggressive Southern California push that has seen the addition of three new firms over the last several months:
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Leaskou Partners (Palm Springs)
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Registry (Temecula)
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Vogler Feigen (Hemet)
“John is a natural leader, having held CEO positions in corporate America prior to joining the real estate industry,” said Sherry Chris, president and CEO of Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate. “He has grown his company organically with a strong focus on marketing and participation in a wide variety of community activities, and wanted to grow further. He worked closely with our national development team on identifying the right partner in the right market where the brand’s focus on lifestyle can pay immediate dividends.”
- Sherry Chris, President and CEO, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
“We wanted to expand, but only if it made sense from a strategic growth and culture standpoint,” Schulte said. “We found that Lavonne and Dennis had built a similar company culture to ours with a tight knit, family feeling. We are really excited about our growth opportunity in Redlands and nearby Yucaipa, Loma Linda and Highland, where the lifestyle focus of Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate will really resonate. Our existing affiliated agents are excited to take advantage of our now stronger regional presence and our new affiliated agents are thrilled with the opportunity to grow their businesses and take advantage of the marketing systems we currently have in place, which should help open doors to more listings.”
- John Schulte, Broker/Owner, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Champions
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Champions now with 100+ agents after merger with Elite Realty Group in @CityofRedlands. @BHGRealEstate #SoCal expansion continues into #sanbernardinoco
About Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC is a dynamic real estate brand that offers a full range of services to brokers, sales associates and home buyers and sellers. Using innovative technology, sophisticated business systems and the broad appeal of a lifestyle brand, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC embodies the future of the real estate industry while remaining grounded in the tradition of home. Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC is a subsidiary of Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), a global leader in real estate franchising and provider of real estate brokerage, relocation and settlement services.
The growing Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate network includes more than 12,000 independent sales associates and 360 offices serving home buyers and sellers across the United States, Canada, Jamaica, The Bahamas and Australia. The brand announced its expansion into New Zealand in April of 2018.
Better Homes & Gardens® is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation licensed to Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC and used with permission. An Equal Opportunity Company. Equal Housing Opportunity. Each Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate Franchise is independently owned and operated.
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC
SOURCE Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances