McDonald’s Debuts New Line of Fashion in Celebration of Its Third Annual McDelivery Event
Today Only, Customers Who Order McDonald’s (After 5 p.m.) via UberEats Can Get One of the Unique McDelivery Night In Pieces
The McDelivery Night In Line Includes Sweaters, Socks, Pants, Hooded Blankets and More
September 19, 2019 // Franchising.com // San Francisco, CA - McDonald’s now delivers to more than one million customers around the world every day. To honor this milestone, on September 19th McDonald’s and Uber Eats are encouraging customers to enjoy a “Global McDelivery Night In” - one night dedicated to enjoying their craveable and delicious McDelivery favorites where they order it most: at home.
With 60% of McDelivery orders being placed at night, and a growing culture of coziness and relaxation emerging around the world, McDonald’s has created a line of apparel and accessories designed to take quiet nights in to the next level - whether it’s curling up on the couch for a night of relaxation or spending time with loved ones - with McDelivery. Items offered in the McDelivery Night In line, a unique collection of comfortable, on-trend items to enjoy at home including plush loungewear, socks, slippers, games and more.
“With McDelivery we’re meeting our customers on their terms, and providing more ways to get their McDonald’s favorites than ever before,” said Steve Easterbrook, McDonald’s CEO. “In fact globally there are more than 10 McDelivery orders placed every second. With our third annual McDelivery celebration, we’re calling on our customers around the world to take a break and join us for a well-deserved night in.”
Around the world, countries across six continents will bring McDelivery Night In to life on tonight, September 19th.
- In the U.S., customers can order McDelivery with Uber Eats from a participating McDonald’s to receive a limited edition item from the McDelivery Night In line* with $10 minimum purchase beginning at 5 p.m. local time, while supplies last. Available items in the U.S. include items ranging from cozy socks to slippers perfect for kicking up your feet in style with a Big Mac.
- Building off that success, for this year’s program we’re launching the McDelivery Night In line, a limited-edition line featuring cozy loungewear, socks, slippers, games, and more. It will be the first-ever line of night in apparel and accessories designed to elevate the McDelivery Night In experience.
- Starting at 5 pm local time on September 19, customers who order McDelivery with Uber Eats from a participating restaurant may select to receive one item at random from our McDelivery Night In line, while supplies last. There is a $10 minimum order required.
- With over two decades of delivery experience in Asia and the Middle East, McDonald's is already one of the largest global delivery players, offering the service in more than 21, 000 restaurants across more than 80 countries. McDelivery is expected to be a $4 billion business globally in 2019, and leverages several different models, including partnering with various third parties for ordering and delivery fulfillment. McDelivery launched in the U.S. in 2017 with partners including Uber Eats, and by the end of 2019 will be available in 10,000 restaurants, more than 70% of the U.S. system.
For more information on McDelivery Night In, visit McDeliveryNightIn.com.
McDonald’s is the world’s leading global foodservice retailer with over 38,000 locations in over 100 countries. Approximately 93% of McDonald’s restaurants worldwide are owned and operated by independent local business men and women.
About Uber Eats
Uber Eats is an on-demand food delivery app and website that helps bring millions of people around the world the food they want, at the tap of a button. We partner with over 200,000 restaurants in more than 500 cities across 36 countries and six continents to offer meals for every taste and occasion. From specialty local favorites to everyday national brand names, Uber Eats offers millions of dishes while maintaining an average delivery time under 30 minutes.
*At participating McDonald's while supplies last. Limit one item per person. Value menu and promotional pricing not valid for delivery. Delivery prices may be higher than at restaurants. Uber Eats delivery fee, service fee and small order fee apply. See Uber Eats app for details.
Associate Director, Public Relations
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances