1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. Launches 2019 Holiday Gift Collection To Help Smile Farms Create Employment Opportunities For People Of Differing Abilities
Company Will Donate 20% of the Net Proceeds* from Each Gift Purchased in the Collection, Invites Customers To Join in Sharing the Season
CARLE PLACE, N.Y., Oct. 22, 2019 // PRNewswire // - Today, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. (NASDAQ: FLWS) proudly unveiled a special collection of eight seasonal gifts to benefit Smile Farms®, a non-profit organization dedicated to creating meaningful jobs in agricultural settings for individuals with developmental disabilities. Now until December 24, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. will donate 20 percent* of the Net Proceeds from purchases made from this collection to Smile Farms, the company's signature philanthropic partner. This marks the second year the company has curated a selection of gifts from across its family of brands to raise funds and awareness for Smile Farms.
"It's estimated that 80% of adults in the United States with a developmental disability are unemployed, making the work of Smile Farms more important than ever," said Chris McCann, Chief Executive Officer, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. "Through this special holiday gift collection, we invite our customers to help us support Smile Farms in expanding on its mission to generate job opportunities for people who are differently-abled and provide them with a way to contribute impactfully to their local communities."
Smile Farms strives to create work opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities. Through their employment at Smile Farms, adults and young adults can master new skills, experience teamwork, give back to their communities and take home a paycheck. Smile Farms supports this underserved population through its eight locations throughout the U.S. - and counting.
"We're so appreciative of all the support 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. and its talented team provide to Smile Farms year-round- through volunteering their time and resources, and being proud brand ambassadors who stand behind our mission," said Jennifer Low, Vice President, Smile Farms Inc. "This holiday initiative is a wonderful example of all they do for us. Donations are essential to growing Smile Farms, and the funds raised from this special collection will go a long way in helping us create more jobs for individuals with differing abilities."
Items featured in the 2019 holiday gift collection to benefit Smile Farms are:
- 1-800-Flowers.com® Very Merry Christmas ($49.99): This hand-gathered arrangement of red and white roses, carnations, mini carnations and spider mums delivers joyful cheer for the most wonderful time of the year.
- Harry & David® Snack Basket ($39.99): This Snack Basket comes brimming with the most popular snack mixes, caramel Moose Munch Premium Popcorn, gourmet dried fruits and tasty mixed nuts to share and enjoy. Everything arrives in a reusable basket finished with a beautiful blue bow.
- Simply Chocolate® Divine Distinction Tower ($89.99): This tempting tower will amaze and delight any chocolate lover. The distinctive black and gold boxes hold cravings like almond bark, dessert truffles, butter almond toffee squares, dark chocolate caramel pretzel clusters, Tuxedo Decadence nut mix and chocolate-covered grahams.
- 1-800-Baskets.com® Premier Favorites Sweets & Treats Gift Basket ($69.99): This stylish basket is brimming with favorites like Totally Caramel Popcorn, Frosted Buttercream and Snickerdoodle Cookies, Dark Chocolate Truffles, Kettle Corn Clusters and much more.
- Cheryl's Cookies® Merry Christmas Gift Tin ($46.99): This tasty assortment of individually-wrapped Buttercream Frosted Cut-out Cookies is delivered in a cheerful Merry Christmas gift tin.
- Wolferman's BakerySM English Muffin Sampler Basket ($29.99): This gourmet gift, presented in a chipwood basket, features the Wolferman's Bakery famous Super-Thick English muffins, a dark chocolate chunk scone, tangy fruit preserves, robust premium roast coffee and a signature spreader.
- The Popcorn Factory® A Magical Holiday Tin (3.5 Gallons) ($48.99): This popcorn tin, featuring a whimsical, snow-filled holiday scene, is filled with 56 cups of delicious Butter, Cheese, Caramel and White Cheddar Popcorn.
- Moose Munch® Premium Popcorn Classic Tin ($44.99): Moose Munch Premium Popcorn is crafted in the Pacific Northwest using only the finest ingredients. Recipients can indulge in several delicious flavors, including Classic Caramel, S'mores, Milk Chocolate and Dark Chocolate.
While helping give back to Smile Farms, customers can also save by becoming members of the Celebrations Passport® loyalty program, which offers free standard shipping and no service charge for one full year on purchases made across the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. family of brands.
*Net Proceeds is defined as the gross sales price of the eligible product purchased excluding any and all taxes, service charges, shipping and handling charges and less any discounts, gift certificates, promotional offers, credits, rebates, chargebacks, refunds and credit card processing fees. Products in the Smile Farms® collection are not eligible for discounts or combinable with offers. Void where prohibited.
About 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. is a leading provider of gifts designed to help customers express, connect and celebrate. The Company's Celebrations Ecosystem features our all-star family of brands, including: 1-800-Flowers.com®, 1-800-Baskets.com®, Cheryl's Cookies®, Harry & David®, Shari's Berries®, FruitBouquets.com®, Moose Munch®, The Popcorn Factory®, Wolferman's BakerySM, Personalization Universe®, Simply Chocolate®, and Goodsey®. We also offer top-quality steaks and chops from Stock Yards®. Through the Celebrations Passport® loyalty program, which provides members with free standard shipping and no service charge across our portfolio of brands, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. strives to deepen relationships with customers. The Company also operates BloomNet®, an international floral wire service providing a broad-range of products and services designed to help professional florists grow their businesses profitably; NapcoSM, a resource for floral gifts and seasonal décor; and DesignPac Gifts, LLC, a manufacturer of gift baskets and towers. 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. was recognized as the 2019 Mid-Market Company of the Year by CEO Connection. Shares in 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. are traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, ticker symbol: FLWS. For more information, visit 1800flowersinc.com or follow @1800FLOWERSInc on Twitter.
CisionView original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/1-800-flowerscom-inc-launches-2019-holiday-gift-collection-to-help-smile-farms-create-employment-opportunities-for-people-of-differing-abilities-300942876.html
SOURCE 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.