The Highly Anticipated Central Station Hotel Opens in Memphis’ South Main District
The regionally inspired and upscale boutique hotel is situated in a repurposed 105-year-old transportation hub, complete with elegant guest rooms, world-class music programming and a stunning design
October 22, 2019 // Franchising.com // MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Kemmons Wilson Companies along with Henry Turley Company and Valor Hospitality Partners announced today the opening of The Central Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, a 123-room boutique hotel in Memphis’ South Main District. The Central Station is Memphis’ newest boutique hotel, transformed from the city’s 105-year-old historic transportation hub. The property features mid-century architectural design, Memphis-influenced music programming, expansive meeting spaces and will also offer regionally inspired French brasserie cuisine at onsite restaurant Bishop, slated to open in November 2019.
“The Central Station Hotel is the only boutique hotel in Memphis that offers such a rich, regionally inspired experience for guests,” said McLean T. Wilson, principal, Kemmons Wilson Company and owner, The Central Station Hotel. “The property retains the original architecture of South Main’s transportation hub while infusing contemporary design that will delight guests and immerse them in the musical culture and heritage of Memphis. We are proud to open our doors and provide guests with a unique experience they will remember for a lifetime.”
The Central Station Hotel features upscale amenities and immersive experiences, drawn from South Main’s distinct history in music, art and craftsmanship:
- Premium Guestrooms: The eight-floor boutique hotel boasts 123 elegant and spacious guest rooms, including nine suites that evoke the essence of Memphis through their rich color scheme and interactive experiences. Guest rooms feature tall ceilings, original oversized double-hung windows, elegant bath areas, custom artwork from local photographer Jamie Harmon and views of the historic South Main neighborhood or the Mississippi River.
- Elevated Amenities: For an authentic, immersive Memphis experience, guests can enjoy The Central Station’s daily playlist on custom-designed, in-room EgglestonWorks speakers, controlled through a handcrafted knob on the room’s desk. Additional room amenities include complimentary Wi-Fi, 49” HDTVs, easy access USB outlets, refined products from William Roam’s Steam collection and Keurig® coffeemakers. Additional amenities include a fully equipped fitness center and 3,750 square feet of retail space.
- Unmatched Audio Experience: The hotel’s two-story bar, 8 & Sand, offers a seasonal cocktail list rooted in the classics as well as a locally influenced wine list and beers from local breweries for guests to enjoy among comfortable sofas, parlor-style seating and a unique vinyl art installation. A daily house DJ spins records from a booth creatively designed from an old church organ, and a Memphis-inspired playlist is broadcast throughout the bar and lobby. 8 & Sand also features a separate, acoustically constructed Listening Lounge, showcasing Memphis-based audio designer Jim Thompson’s EgglestonWorks speakers and the hotel’s original written and produced podcasts on specific Memphis styles of music as explained by an artist of that genre.
- Expansive Events Space: Ideal for large corporate or social events, The Central Station offers 8,000 square feet of event and meeting space, including a 6,500-square-foot Grand Hall ballroom that occupies the transportation hub’s former waiting room space. The Grand Hall features the original train marquee, soaring 33-foot ceilings and light fixtures inspired by train lanterns. The Central Station also offers a pre-function space and two boardrooms.
The Central Station Hotel’s highly anticipated restaurant, Bishop, will open its doors next month. Led by award-winning chefs Michael Hudman and Andy Ticer, Bishop will offer a bold Southern twist on French brasserie cuisine.
“We are incredibly honored to have the opportunity to share the history of Memphis and South Main with visitors at The Central Station Hotel,” said Jeremy Sadler, general manager, The Central Station. “Our mission is to provide guests with a premium, one-of-a-kind, Memphis-inspired experience through art, music and cuisine.”
Managed and operated by Valor Hospitality Partners, The Central Station Hotel is located in the heart of the birthplace of rock ‘n’ roll, award-winning restaurants, historical landmarks and a robust art scene at 545 S Main Street, Memphis, TN.
For more information or to make a reservation, visit The Central Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton and follow The Central Station on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. For more information on Curio Collection by Hilton, please visit newsroom.hilton.com/curio.
About Central Station Hotel
Central Station Hotel is a 123-room luxury hotel, located in one of the most historic and famed neighborhoods in Memphis, known for restaurants, locally owned shops and community-operated music festivals. The Curio Collection by Hilton™ property features mid-century interior designs, enhanced with cutting-edge sound technology throughout the hotel and in-room feature, perfect for music lovers, leisure and business travelers. For more information, visit www.centralstationmemphis.com.
About Kemmons Wilson Companies
Kemmons Wilson Companies (KWC) is a third-generation, single-family family office headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee. Established in 1948 by Kemmons Wilson, founder of Holiday Inn, KWC has owned, operated or partnered with people in over 400 ventures to date. The third generation leads the company today and continues to focus on private investing with a concentration in several key industries – resorts, hotels, aviation, cleantech, craft brewing, retail fashion design, software, insurance, and restaurants. With a long-term perspective and focus on relationships, they continue to adhere to the same timeless core values and principles that the previous generations instilled. To learn more, visit kwilson.com.
About Valor Hospitality Partners
Valor Hospitality Partners is a full-service hotel acquisition, development, management and asset management company. With 48 hotels in its portfolio, Valor Hospitality Partners offers an array of services, including site selection, product selection, entitlements, financing solutions, conceptual design, construction and project management, procurement, technical services, pre-opening and operations management. Valor also provides consulting services on a wide range of project scenarios, including working with new or existing ownership groups on reviewing site selection, assessing feasibility studies and project budgets, compiling project budgets and underwriting. For more information, visit valorhospitality.com.
About Curio Collection by Hilton
Curio Collection by Hilton is an upper-upscale, global portfolio of nearly 80 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts. Curio Collection properties provide travelers authentic, curated experiences through distinctly local offerings and unexpected amenities, while providing the benefits of Hilton and its award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors. Read the latest brand and hotel stories at newsroom.hilton.com/curio, and connect with Curio Collection on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
+1 909 957 7646
SOURCE Curio Collection by Hilton
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances