PuroClean Shares Top Five Fall Preparedness Tips
With Turning of Season, Restoration and Remediation Franchise Shares Expert Recommendations for Homeowners and Businesses
October 28, 2019 // Franchising.com // Tamarac, FL - As cooler air enters much of the United States, homeowners and business owners across the country are preparing to face numerous weather-related challenges - some of which they may not even know are on the horizon. With cooler than average temperatures anticipated this season, PuroClean, a leading national restoration and remediation franchise, is offering expert insight counting down its five tips to help prepare a home or business ahead of the potentially extreme weather conditions:
- 5. Seal Windows and Doors - When temperatures change, moisture and cold air can get inside your walls through gaps around windows, door frames, and spots where pipes enter your house. Be sure to caulk in any gaps bigger than the width of a nickel to avoid drafts, ultimately making it easier for heating and cooling systems to regulate temperature.
- 4. Inspect Your Roof - With ice, snow (yes, snow - the first snowfall has already hit the United States, even though it’s only October!), and wind, your roof will be under a lot of strain. It is important that a roof is ready to handle anything mother nature throws its way. Carefully look for missing, loose or damaged shingles. Lacking to do so can result in leaks and water damage when snow or ice thaws.
- 3. Inspect Your Fireplace - Fall creates a sense of excitement with the thought of cool breezes, warm sweaters, campfires and pumpkin spice lattes. But the season can also present a danger as many begin using their indoor fireplaces without ensuring proper maintenance. Check to ensure the damper opens and closes properly. Looking up into the flue, make sure it’s free of obstructions - this is a quick trick to ensure your fireplace is ready to use. Make sure to check your firebox for damaged or missing bricks or mortar.
- 2. Prevent Ice Dams - Ensure your attic has enough ventilation and that there are not any air leaks. Finding ice dams on your roof is a sign that your attic is not properly insulated. Check this before it’s too late!
- 1. Clean the Gutters - It is very important to clean your gutters before fall and winter arrive, to clean out all of summer’s water and leaves, to allow for clean flow throughout the new season. Once winter comes, that standing water will freeze, which in turns makes more water build. Water can put strain on the gutters causing them to fall out of alignment, allowing water to puddle on your roof.
This past winter season was one of the coldest in our nation’s history, with temperatures comparable to those in Antarctica, dipping as low as -58 with the wind chill factor. As a result, residential, business and commercial property owners were faced with a polar vortex that left them with frozen pipes, flooded basements and more issues they were not prepared to handle. With a surge of cold air expected, the arrival of fall is the ideal time to tackle winter preparation tasks.
“With cooler than average temperatures expected throughout the fall and winter months, home and business owners must take the proper measures to ensure their property is protected,” said Steve White, president and COO of PuroClean. “We’ve put together this tip list so that the general public can get ahead of anticipated weather conditions and minimize damage.”
PuroClean has become one of the leading restoration franchise companies in the nation. Each year, PuroClean performs thousands of jobs throughout the United States and Canada, providing restoration services from common to large-scale disasters.
For more information on PuroClean, contact 800-775-7876 or visit www.PuroClean.com.
Known as the “Paramedics of Property Damage®,” PuroClean provides water damage remediation, flood water removal, fire and smoke damage remediation, mold removal, and biohazard cleanup to commercial and residential customers. Founded in 2001, PuroClean has a comprehensive network of 290+ franchise offices across North America. PuroClean technicians are thoroughly screened, insured, and trained in utilizing the latest in mitigation technology and procedures, while operating under a strict code of ethics. Each PuroClean office is independently owned and operated. For more information about PuroClean, contact 800-775-7876 or visit www.puroclean.com; for franchise information, visit www.puroclean.com/franchise.
Rachel Tabacnic/ Stephanie Davis
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances