IHG® Launches IHG® Studio, New Industry Leading Guest In-Room Digital Experience
Latest tech innovation from IHG allows guests to stream TV, make service requests and more
December 13, 2019 // Franchising.com // IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, announced today the launch of IHG® Studio, a new digital in-room guest entertainment solution.
IHG Studio allows guests to:
- Connect and stream content securely from guests’ personal devices to their guest room TV
- Make service requests such as order extra pillows, arrange for a late checkout and review room charges
- Access the TV remote from the IHG Rewards Club mobile app
- Order room service and purchase on-property amenities
- Pay with Points, a new pilot program that allows guests to use IHG Rewards Club points to make in-hotel purchases
IHG Studio is currently available in nearly 40 hotels in the U.S. and will expand to other regions by the end of 2019, including the U.K., Greater China, Canada and Latin America. The system will become a standard across all brands globally over the coming years.
- Jeff Edwards, Senior Vice President, Global Hotel and Owner Solutions, IHG, commented: “IHG is committed to investing in technology solutions that help deliver a great guest experience across our nearly 5,800 hotels and portfolio of 16 brands. Guests want more than a quick, connected guest room experience -- they want to stream and watch their own entertainment content from their mobile devices and personalize their stay experience. IHG Studio is yet another way we are innovating the guest experience for today’s travelers.
IHG Studio also brings value to our hotel owners with an easy set-up that requires less maintenance and ultimately saves on operational costs. This new solution is powered by IHG Connect, our industry-leading in-hotel Wi-Fi system. By delivering a rounded in-room entertainment experience for guests, hotels will increase guest satisfaction and help drive loyalty.”
IHG has a long track record of industry firsts. The company launched the first computerized hotel reservation system in the world more than 50 years ago. It was also the first to link directly with airline and travel agent systems to bring together the full power of the travel industry. IHG was the first company to offer online bookings and the first to offer a booking app across all platforms. Most recently, IHG launched IHG Concerto™, the most sophisticated, cloud-based platform in the industry including the company’s next-generation guest reservation system.
IHG ® (InterContinental Hotels Group) [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, including Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN Hotels ®, HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, voco™, Holiday Inn® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, avid™ hotels, Staybridge Suites®, Atwell Suites™ and Candlewood Suites®.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns nearly 5,800 hotels and approximately 865,000 guest rooms in more than 100 countries, with over 1,900 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also manages IHG® Rewards Club, our global loyalty programme, which has more than 100 million enrolled members.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. More than 400,000 people work across IHG's hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit www.ihg.com for hotel information and reservations and www.ihgrewardsclub.com for more on IHG Rewards Club. For our latest news, visit: www.ihgplc.com/media and follow us on social media at: www.twitter.com/ihgcorporate, www.facebook.com/ihgcorporate and www.linkedin.com/company/intercontinental-hotels-group
+1 (770) 604 5775
SOURCE IHG ® (InterContinental Hotels Group)
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances