“Metal My Way” Contest to Begin on January 13
Metal Supermarkets to Serve as Title Sponsor of Contest Featuring Creative Metal Projects
January 08, 2020 // Franchising.com // Mississauga, ON, Canada - Metal Supermarkets, the world’s largest supplier of small-quantity metals, today announced the start of the seventh “Metal My Way” contest which showcases creative and innovative metal projects built across the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
Starting Monday, January 13, contestants are welcome to submit a photo or video of their metal creations for a chance to win a valuable prize. Project entries, along with some details about the creation, can be submitted using the online submission form on metalmyway.com. No purchase is necessary to enter the contest.
One grand prize winner will be selected based on complexity, scale, creativity, craftsmanship and quantity of metal used. The winner will receive a Hypertherm Powermax 30 XP Hand Plasma Cutting System.
“We continue to enjoy an overwhelming response to Metal My Way, with so many creative submissions over the past few years, said Stephen Schober, President and CEO of Metal Supermarkets, the title sponsor of the contest. “There are so many gifted and innovative people that are able to create wonderful metal projects from concept to completion. We look forward to seeing what inventive projects people have been working on this past year.”
The contest is open to all residents, 18 years or older, in the United States, Canada (excluding Quebec), and the United Kingdom. Contestants may submit multiple metal projects into the competition but are eligible to win only one prize. A complete set of rules for the contest can be found on the Metal My Way website.
Contestants can submit any kind of metal project. Common submissions include:
- Automotive or Vehicle Projects - This includes car restorations/modifications, engine work, trailer and camper builds, plane builds or restorations, boat builds or restorations, motorized scooter, bike and buggy builds.
- Furniture or Home Projects - Submissions including any outdoor and indoor furniture.
- Knife Projects - Metal projects such as knives or blades created both for practical use or display.
- Backyard or Home Projects - This category includes BBQs, smokers, staircases and railings, interior and exterior home renovations, and fire pits.
- Industrial or Shop Projects - This category includes shop equipment and tool builds, larger scale construction projects or specific aspects of those projects, equipment and tool repair or modification.
- Artistic and Design Projects - Metal projects that include jewelry, statues, sculptures, and other projects that have aesthetic designs that do not fall into the other five categories.
The Metal My Way contest will run through January 31 and winners will be announced approximately one week later.
In addition to Metal Supermarkets, the Metal My Way contest is also sponsored by OMAX, a manufacturer of abrasive waterjet systems, and Cosen Saws, one of the world’s leading bandsaw manufacturers.
About Metal Supermarkets
Metal Supermarkets, known worldwide as The Convenience Stores for Metal, is the world’s largest small-quantity metal supplier with more than 90 brick-and-mortar stores across the US, Canada and United Kingdom. It sells a wide variety of metals including aluminum, hot-rolled steel, cold-rolled steel, stainless steel, alloy steel, galvanized steel, tool steel, brass, bronze and copper. Metal Supermarkets offer value-added services such as production cutting, shearing, punching and more. Its staff are highly specialized and help customers find the metal they need. They are metal experts and have been providing quality customer service and products since 1985.
OMAX is a global leader in advanced abrasive waterjet systems, making it possible for virtually anyone to go as far as creating high-precision complex 3D parts on our machines. With everything under one roof, OMAX provides customers with U.S. engineered and manufactured products and a company you can trust. OMAX helps thinkers redefining how concepts become reality.
About Cosen Saws
Cosen makes more than 140 models including vertical, horizontal, miter-cutting, NC & CNC automatic and customized bandsaws. Their diverse cutting abilities serve numerous industries such as construction, automobile, transportation, wind power generation, and more.
SOURCE Metal Supermarkets