Cousins Subs Donates $7,000 to Help Four Wisconsin Organizations Make It Better
Funding to purchase a life-saving resource and support hyper-local programming that improves community health and wellness
February 03, 2020 // Franchising.com // MILWAUKEE - Cousins Subs® today announced four Wisconsin organizations as recipients of a combined $7,000 in grants through its Make It Better Foundation. Funding will offset the cost of resources and programming that address the vital community need of health and wellness.
“Cousins Subs is grounded in its belief in better,” said Justin McCoy, Vice President of Market at Cousins Subs and Vice President of the Make It Better Foundation. “We’re privileged to be in the position to support four organizations that are dedicated to making it better for children and families who live, work and play in our communities.”
The four recipients of a grant from the Make It Better Foundation include:
- SOAR Fox Cities - A $2,500 grant will help the third largest Special Olympics program in the state of Wisconsin cover the costs of travel, lodging, equipment, tournament participation or nutritious meals for over 170 athletes.
- Town of East Troy Police Department - The police department will use its $1,500 grant to purchase an automated external defibrillator (AED), which can save a person’s life after cardiac arrest by checking their heart rhythm and sending an electronic shock to restore a normal heart rhythm if needed.
- Victims of Milwaukee Violence - A $1,000 grant will be used to support the organization’s Mental Health Program, which provides nearly 1,500 educational resources to 150 underserved individuals living in the 53206 and 53208 zip codes in Milwaukee.
- Waukesha County Dental Clinic - The dental clinic will use its $2,000 grant to purchase disposable dental supplies that will be used to provide teeth cleaning services to 1,000 children.
Since the inception of the Make It Better Foundation in 2013, Cousins Subs has supported its local communities through monetary donations to nonprofits, education scholarships and food aid. To date, the foundation has donated nearly $507,000 to more than 79 benefiting nonprofit organizations.
For more information on grant eligibility and how to apply for a Make It Better Foundation grant, interested nonprofit organizations can visit cousinssubs.com/foundation.
About Cousins Subs
Wisconsin-based Cousins Subs®, a family-owned, fast casual sub shop established in 1972 by Bill Specht and his cousin, is driven by the mission to Believe in Better - both in the quality of food it serves and in the communities it supports. Cousins Subs and its franchisees operate nearly 100 sub sandwich shops in Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana, providing guests with quality deli fresh and made to order grilled subs using only the freshest ingredients on its signature bread baked daily. For more information, visit www.cousinssubs.com. You can also find Cousins Subs on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Public Relations Manager at Cousins Subs
SOURCE Cousins Subs
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances