Better Homes And Gardens Real Estate Extends Hawaii Service Area With Affiliation Of Hank Correa Realty
Boutique, family-led firm on the “Big Island” joins BHGRE® network
February 04, 2020 // Franchising.com // MADISON, N.J. - Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC announced today that Hank Correa Realty has affiliated with the brand. Now known as Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Hank Correa Realty, the company serves the greater Hilo market on the Island of Hawaii.
Hank Correa Realty was founded in 1999 by broker/owner Hank Correa who, along with his wife Kristi, created one of the top real estate teams on the Big Island. They are joined by their three sons, Hank III, Jonathan and Christopher, who are all in their 20s. The boutique firm serves the entire Hilo real estate market including the surrounding communities such as Hamakua and the Puna area.
Home to the University of Hawaii at Hilo, the Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawaii and the headquarters of Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corporation, Hilo is the largest city on the Big Island and the oldest in the Hawaiian archipelago. A significant tourist and astronomy industry bolsters the regional economy.
The tropical climate in Hilo makes the area more affordable than the Western side of the Island of Hawaii, most notably Kalua-Kona, creating active markets for first time homebuyers and retirees, along with more affordable luxury living.
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Hank Correa Realty becomes the second BHGRE® franchise in the Hawaiian Islands. BHGRE Advantage Realty is a market leader in Honolulu.
- The Hilo market benefits from “island-hopping” relocation clients from within the Hawaiian Islands as well as outside the state. Hank Correa reports that those clients relocating to Hilo are evenly split in coming from in-state or the U.S. mainland.
- Big Island MLS reports the median sales price for homes in Hilo to be $392,500, affordable by Hawaiian standards but about $120,000 more than the U.S. mark of $271,300 reported by the National Association Realtors®. Many first-time buyers will purchase in Puna, a 20-minute drive south, where the median price is just $230,000.
- The multi-generational leadership team supports personal and effective connections with clients across all buyer and seller segments. That company focuses on digital and social media advertising efforts to support client cultivation.
- Hank Correa reports the company generates 80% of its business via past client referrals and those from a network of Hawaiian agents. He expects its Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate affiliation will attract additional out-of-market business.
- Correa will leverage the brand’s Be Better University and additional professional development tools to enhance his sales team’s productivity and support the firm’s agent recruitment efforts.
“Hank Correa has built long-standing business with strong community ties, drawing on his extraordinary sales skills and tenacious hands-on approach to serving his clients. He comes to Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate at a pivotal time for his business. He wants to combine his boutique approach with our brand power to attract new and experienced agents and position the company for a successful future.”
- Sherry Chris, President & CEO, Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate
“I am completely convinced that we will build our company by leveraging the productivity enhancing training programs and tapping into the power and visibility of the brand to engage more consumers. Armed with the Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate value proposition, we have incredible potential to be the driving force in the Hilo real estate market. The brand’s visibility and focus on lifestyle was extremely attractive to us. ”
- Hank Correa, Broker/Owner, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Hank Correa Realty
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate welcomes Hank Correa Realty. Growing #Hilo firm expanding @BHGRealEstate presence in #Hawaii.
About Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC is a dynamic real estate brand that offers a full range of services to brokers, sales associates and home buyers and sellers. Using innovative technology, sophisticated business systems and the broad appeal of a lifestyle brand, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC embodies the future of the real estate industry while remaining grounded in the tradition of home. Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC is a subsidiary of Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), a global leader in real estate franchising and provider of real estate brokerage, relocation and settlement services.
The growing Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate network includes more than 12,000 independent sales associates and 360 offices serving home buyers and sellers across the United States, Canada, Jamaica and The Bahamas. The brand announced its expansion into Australia and New Zealand in April of 2018.
Better Homes & Gardens® is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation licensed to Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC and used with permission. An Equal Opportunity Company. Equal Housing Opportunity. Each Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate Franchise is independently owned and operated.
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC
SOURCE Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances