Coronavirus (COVID-19): Let's be Great Community Members Together
March 18, 2020 // Franchising.com //
Dear Valued Customer,
We recognize Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a serious concern to our customers. As a neighborhood store and convenient delivery provider in so many communities, 7-Eleven is monitoring the situation closely to prioritize the health of our customers, employees and Franchisees across more than 9,000 U.S. stores.
First and foremost, we’ve enhanced our standards and procedures for hygiene, handwashing, sanitation, food handling and preparation in stores and increased the frequency of cleaning high-touch surfaces. We are in constant communication with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and are sharing updated guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO) with stores.
Additionally, we are taking the following steps to keep our people safe and our facilities clean:
- Reiterating to employees and Franchisees the importance of staying home if individuals have any symptoms of the COVID-19 illness or if they feel sick.
- Displaying CDC-recommended hygiene posters in high-traffic areas in stores.
- Temporarily discontinuing the use of personal cups for hot and cold dispensed beverages. We will still honor the discount offered for anyone who brings in a personal cup to participating stores.
- Working with vendors and suppliers to stock stores with high demand, essential products and making them easy for you to find.
- Demonstrating to you and the communities we serve that we are here to provide quality products at fair, honest prices. Any violations of federal, state or local price-gouging laws will not be tolerated. If you see this happening, report your concern here.
In order to support the communities that we serve, we ask that you please consider shopping with us only when you are feeling well. As a convenient alternative to in-store shopping, 7-Eleven also offers delivery to over 30 million households through the 7NOW delivery app. In response to CDC recommendations and requests from customers, we will offer a contactless delivery option beginning next week.
We’re committed to providing you with what you want, when and where you want it. We’ve been a leader in the convenience industry for over 93 years, and we’ll keep working hard every day to earn your trust and your business. If you have questions or suggestions, please reach out to our customer service team. Thank you for your patience, understanding and support during this time, and for making 7-Eleven part of your daily life.
President & CEO
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances