PuroClean Experts Offer Emergency Preparedness Tips as Hurricane Season Approaches
National Restoration and Remediation Company Helping Residential & Commercial Property Owners Prepare Heading into Predicted Above-Average 2020 Season
May 20, 2020 // Franchising.com // Tamarac, FL - As the nation continues to focus heavily on the COVID-19 pandemic, PuroClean, a leading national restoration, and remediation franchise, is reminding property owners of the urgent need to prepare their homes and businesses for the Atlantic Hurricane Season. With 18 predicted storms, the season, which officially begins on June 1, is expected to be busier than average, and PuroClean is offering both home and business owners tips to protect their properties, ensuring they are ready for whatever may come.
“Preparedness is essential for staying safe during a hurricane, and we want to inform property owners throughout the country about what to expect this hurricane season so that they can prepare and plan ahead, moving into June,” said Mark Davis, CEO and chairman of PuroClean. “With a global pandemic already causing concern, we realize hurricane season preparedness may not be top-of-mind. It is imperative that property owners take the necessary steps now to protect their assets, to avoid any additional burden a storm could add.”
According to The Weather Company, the upcoming hurricane season could bring as many as 18 named storms, including nine hurricanes and four major hurricanes. Many businesses that were unprepared for last season’s impact were forced to close or relocate due to damage, and many homeowners saw flooding or excessive structural damage. Commercial and residential properties are increasingly impacted by the strong wind and rain of hurricanes. And, according to the Congressional Budget Office, the expected annual economic losses from most types of damage caused by hurricane winds and storm-related flooding total $54 billion. PuroClean is encouraging both residential and commercial property owners to be conscious of the following, in order to ensure preparedness and save time when emergencies take place:
- Know your risks – Learn your area’s flooding risk and community hurricane evacuation routes. Knowing this helps you determine your business’s risk factor and prepare for what may come. Use FEMA’s Map Service Center, where you can enter your address to see your flood zone.
- Check your insurance – If you do not have flood insurance, get it now. Regular homeowner’s insurance policies do not cover flood damage. Businesses should add disruption insurance to help cover loss of income after a storm. Keep in mind that it may take up to 30 days for flood insurance to take effect.
- Secure your property – Fasten your roof with straps or clips to reduce damage. Prune trees and shrubs in your yard for more wind resistance. Clean and maintain your rain gutters and downspouts. Reinforce your garage door to make it withstand powerful winds. Be sure to obtain an electric generator to run essential appliances if the power goes out. Learn how to shut off the power and gas to your home.
- Create a family evacuation plan – Determine a meeting place for your family and routes to get there. Plan how to get in touch with your family if separated. Plan where you’ll go if you must evacuate, such as a shelter.
- Create an emergency kit – Be sure to include provisions for at least three days. You must also add in medication for anyone who needs it, as well as pet supplies. Both business and homeowners should store copies of important documents, such as proof of ownership of any property in your emergency kit. Back up the data on your electronic devices to ensure it is secure if your computer, or other devices, are damaged during the hurricane.
“PuroClean franchise owners are trained and ready to protect property owners through their times of need, including hurricane season,” said Steve White, president and COO of PuroClean. “As a leader for over 20 years, we are prepared to dispatch our technicians to states across the country to provide relentless customer service to those who require additional support following being in significant damage from this upcoming season’s storms.”
Emergency Management Plans (EMPs) are also offered through PuroClean to help commercial business owners prepare for hurricane season. PuroClean’s EMP can help business owners effectively manage unexpected events and minimize the impact on businesses, properties, and customers. Additionally, PuroClean offers a national disaster response team that can be sent to support communities affected by significant damage or impacted during hurricane season.
PuroClean is one of the leading restoration franchise companies in the nation. Each year, PuroClean performs thousands of jobs throughout the United States and Canada, providing restoration services from common to large-scale disasters.
For more information on PuroClean, contact 800-775-7876 or visit www.PuroClean.com.
Known as the “Paramedics of Property Damage®,” PuroClean provides water damage remediation, flood water removal, fire and smoke damage remediation, mold removal, and biohazard cleanup to commercial and residential customers. Founded in 2001, PuroClean has a comprehensive network of more than 300 franchise offices across North America. PuroClean technicians are thoroughly screened, insured, and trained in utilizing the latest in mitigation technology and procedures, while operating under a strict code of ethics. Each PuroClean office is independently owned and operated. For more information about PuroClean, contact 800-775-7876 or visit www.puroclean.com; for franchise information, visit www.puroclean.com/franchise.
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances