IHG®’s avid™ hotels brand continues growth with new properties now open in US and Mexico
200+ new avid™ hotel properties under development to serve resilient mainstream market
July 09, 2020 // Franchising.com // IHG®’s (InterContinental Hotels Group) avid™ hotels brand continues to grow throughout the Americas with multiple new hotels opened recently and more than 200 properties in the development pipeline, including 40 under construction and more than 90 with plans submitted to or approved by IHG. As one of the latest brands added to IHG’s strong mainstream brand portfolio, which also includes trusted hotel brands such as Holiday Inn® and Holiday Inn Express®, avid hotels is well positioned to serve business and leisure travelers returning to the road following the impact of the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Karen Gilbride, Vice President, avid hotels and Atwell Suites™, IHG, commented: “IHG’s valued owner community has continued to develop and build avid hotels even during this challenging time, and our owners remain excited about bringing the innovative mainstream avid hotels brand to new markets and travelers. With this brand’s ‘just right’ approach to value, predictability, high standards of cleanliness and the travel basics done exceptionally well, we are ready to offer guests exactly what they expect while traveling.”
Recently opened and coming soon avid hotels properties include:
- avid hotel Denver Airport Area - Just opened, this 97-room hotel is located just a few miles from the Denver International Airport, FlySafety International and Buckley Airforce Base. This property is owned by Chet Patel and Baywood Hotels.
- avid hotel Fresnillo - Opened on June 8 in Mexico, the first international avid hotel location, this 100-room hotel is conveniently located on the main street of the city in Fresnillo and within 10 minutes of several attractions such as the Sanctuary of Plateros, Purificacion Church and Portal Fresnillo Mall. This property is owned by Raúl Muñoz and Operadora MBA. Read more about this property here.
- avid hotel Nashville - Lebanon - Opened on June 6, this 87-room hotel is the first avid hotel to open in Tennessee, 20 miles from Nashville International Airport, and centrally located to Cumberland University, major interstates, the Wilson County Fairgrounds and a number of restaurants. This property is owned by Kunal Shah and Daughters, LLC.
- avid hotel Boston Logan Airport - Revere - Expected to open in late summer, this 104-room hotel is a short drive from Boston Logan International Airport, making it convenient for business travelers or leisure travelers needing a night’s stay before a flight. This hotel is located near local attractions such as Rumney Marsh Reservation, a wildlife reserve, and Revere Beach on the Atlantic coast. This property is owned by Ketan (Ken) Patel and Bijal Hospitality.
- avid hotel Fort Worth - Fossil Creek - Also expected to open in late summer, this 87-room hotel is near Texas Christian University and several Texas-branch businesses such as the US Department of Treasury, US Defense Department, the Internal Revenue Service, Federal Bureau of Investigation and more. This property is owned by Kalpesh Patel and Buffalo Builder, LLC.
Chet Patel, Owner of avid hotel Denver Airport Area, Senior Vice President, Baywood Hotels, commented: “We are thrilled to have opened the first avid hotels property in Denver and are excited to participate in this new brand’s growth and success. As a member of the avid hotels’ Owner Advisory Board, we were extremely pleased to be able to play a significant role helping to shape the development of the brand with the guest and the owner in mind. We, at Baywood Hotels, believe that, with both business and leisure travel showing modest recovery as we further navigate the pandemic, avid hotels is well-positioned to satisfy the current consumer appetite for travel while also supporting travel demands in the future.”
Launched in 2017, avid hotels is one of IHG’s newest brands in the midscale, mainstream category. The brand offers the type of hospitality its guests value most - the essentials done exceptionally well and experiences that feel just right, every time. Guests at avid hotels properties can expect a superior guest stay, including a great night’s sleep, a grab-and-go, complimentary breakfast and seamless technology.
IHG understands that cleanliness is top of mind for today’s traveler. The company’s longstanding commitment to rigorous cleaning procedures includes the IHG Way of Clean program developed with Ecolab and Diversey, both world leaders in hygiene and cleaning technologies. The program, launched in 2015, features deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants as well as new COVID-19 protocols and best practices, developed with experts from the Cleveland Clinic. Additionally, as a part of the IHG family of brands, avid hotels properties offer guests additional peace of mind with the IHG Clean Promise. Guests can be reassured that their room will meet IHG’s high standards of cleanliness. If not, the hotel will make it right.
IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, including Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN Hotels®, HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, voco™, Holiday Inn® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, avid™ hotels, Staybridge Suites®, Atwell Suites™ and Candlewood Suites®.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns approximately 5,900 hotels and nearly 882,000 guest rooms in more than 100 countries, with over 2,000 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also manages IHG® Rewards Club, our global loyalty programme, which has more than 100 million enrolled members.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. More than 400,000 people work across IHG's hotels and corporate offices globally.
About avid™ hotels
avid hotels was designed for travelers who want a hotel stay that finally meets their expectations for the type of hospitality they value most - the basics done exceptionally well - at a fair price. To ensure avid hotels meets the needs of today’s midscale traveler, a set of fundamental values define all touch points of the brand: taking a new approach to designing everyday travel; appreciating the value of guests’ hard-earned dollars and being direct, honest and clear. All avid hotels are new-build construction and feature modern, comfortable, guest rooms designed for sound-sleep; a high-quality, complimentary breakfast consisting of name-brand options; and the latest technology to enable a seamless experience for guests. The avid hotels brand launched in 2017, and in less than two years afterwards, there are 200+ hotel signings in the pipeline with 10+ open. The brand is currently available for franchising in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
SOURCE avid™ hotels
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances