An American dream come true: The Halal Guys celebrates 30th Anniversary
Iconic brand honors 30 years since opening first cart on the streets of NYC and announces week-long celebration for fans
November 11, 2020 // Franchising.com // New York, NY - The Halal Guys, the fast-casual American halal restaurant famous for pioneering halal fare, is celebrating its 30th Anniversary since opening its first cart in Manhattan in 1990.
Thirty years ago, The Halal Guys’ three founding partners (Mohamed Abouelenein, Ahmed Elsaka, and Abdelbaset Elsayed) emigrated from Egypt to New York City to pursue their dreams of becoming successful entrepreneurs. Starting at the corner of 53rd and 6th Ave in New York City, fast forward to 2020 and The Halal Guys is the original and largest American halal food concept in the world. The brand now operates more than 90 locations within the United States, Canada, Indonesia, South Korea and the United Kingdom.
As a special thank you to the brand’s loyal fans that have supported its ongoing growth and success for the past 30 years, The Halal Guys will offer several promotions* at participating locations during the brand’s 30th Anniversary Week beginning Monday, Nov. 16 through Friday, Nov. 20:
- Every customer that enters a restaurant will receive a free two-ounce serving of The Halal Guys’ new, delicious hummus from Nov. 16 - Nov. 20 (U.S. and Canada only; while supplies last)
- The 30th fan to enter each store will receive one The Halal Guys-branded hoodie every day from Monday, Nov. 16 through Friday, Nov. 20
- Fans who order through The Halal Guys mobile app between Nov. 16 and Nov. 20 will receive triple bonus points on every order
- On Wednesday, Nov. 18 only, The Halal Guys is throwing it back to 1990 and offering the iconic combo platter for the original 1990 price of $5 when ordered through The Halal Guys’ mobile app.
“It’s an honor to celebrate 30 years in business,” said The Halal Guys CEO, Ahmed Abouelenein. “We are extremely grateful to all the loyal fans who have supported us over the last three decades -- from the cart in New York City and now to our restaurants worldwide. We look forward to serving you for many years to come.”
The Halal Guys will also be partnering with Meals on Wheels during the celebration week as an expression of gratitude to the community for 30 years of support. In commemoration of this great milestone, The Halal Guys will make a $15,000 donation on behalf of its fans to the organization to support its mission to keep older Americans safe and nourished.
*Promotions are subject to change and while supplies last.
SOURCE The Halal Guys
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances