Visiting Angels Raises Over $450,000 to Help Find Cure for Alzheimer’s
Hundreds of Participants Team Up for National Fundraiser
BRYN MAWR, PA. (PRWEB) January 18, 2021 - An army of angels has conquered a huge step in the battle to find a cure for Alzheimer’s disease. Visiting Angels, one of the nation’s leading providers of in-home senior care and supporter of the Alzheimer’s Association, is thrilled to announce that its network will contribute over $450,000 to the 2020 Walk To End Alzheimer’s national fundraising campaign.
“Our mission is to offer compassionate caregiving to those affected by Alzheimer’s, and we collectively pray and hope to celebrate the day when there is a cure,” says Larry Meigs, CEO of Visiting Angels. “Until that time comes, caring for those with Alzheimer’s is a necessary and rewarding job we share with our whole community.”
The Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. It is held every year in more than 600 communities nationwide.
This year, Visiting Angels proudly served as a Gold sponsor with 133 teams participating across the country.
Visiting Angels - 2020 Walk to End Alzheimer’s:
- $333,610 raised by Visiting Angels teams nationwide
- $150,000 granted by Visiting Angels to top-performing individual teams
- $483,610 donated by Visiting Angels and its teams
“This year looked a little different as it was a virtual event,” says Meigs. “It is amazing to see how hard our teams and franchisees worked this year to spread the word about this important cause.”
The $150,000 has been distributed among seven teams. The prizes range from $5,000 to $35,000. The complete list of Visiting Angels Team winners and credits donated by Visiting Angels:
- 1st place - $35,000 - Angels on the Move - York, Pennsylvania
- 2nd place - $30,000 - Angels on the Move in Lancaster
- 3rd place - $25,000 - Visiting Angels - Southeast Michigan
- 4th place - $20,000 - Visiting Angels Home Office
- 5th place - $15,000 - Visiting Angels Tampa Bay
- 6th place - $5,000 - Visiting Angels Eureka
- Rock Star - Top New Team - $5,000 - Visiting Angels - Northern Panhandle, West Virginia
- Most Improved from 2019 - $5,000 - Angels on the Move in Lancaster
- Largest Team - $5,000 - Visiting Angels Eureka
According to the Alzheimer’s Association, more than five million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease, the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States. It is the only disease among the top 10 causes of death that cannot be cured, prevented or even slowed.
SOURCE Visiting Angels Living Assistance Services
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances