Gold’s Gym Introduces the “Gym of the Future” with Berlin Flagship Campus
New facility is the world’s first commercial gym with a LEED® Platinum certification
April 27, 2021 // Franchising.com // DALLAS - Gold’s Gym, the world’s leader in strength and performance, announced this week the opening of its company-owned flagship campus in Berlin, Germany, where brand owner RSG Group GmbH is headquartered.
Identified as the “gym of the future,” the 55,000-square-foot Berlin campus is RSG Group’s proof of concept, meeting point and inspiration for all future Gold’s Gym locations.
“When we acquired Gold’s Gym through the Chapter 11 process nine months ago, we were driven to invest in a way that honored the brand’s iconic legacy while returning a pioneering leader to its rightful place - once again ahead of its time with the very best fitness amenities on the planet,” said Rainer Schaller, Founder and CEO of RSG Group. “Our Berlin flagship represents the contemporary redefinition of the brand and product concept to the highest degree of perfection, and it sets the stage for a whole new ‘golden era’ for Gold’s Gym.”
The state-of-the-art Berlin facility was designed with insight gained from a Gold’s Gym social media partnership with fitness legend Lou Ferrigno that surveyed the public for what they wanted in the “perfect gym.” Among the flagship’s special features are:
- Equipment supplied by Gym80, Germany’s leading fitness equipment manufacturer known for over 40 years for its excellent biomechanics, precision down to the last detail and clear design;
- A carbon and climate neutral design - including sustainable construction materials, real plants and trees throughout the interior of the gym and a “Green Power” area featuring spin bikes that generate clean energy - making the Berlin flagship the world’s first commercial gym with a LEED® Platinum certification;
- A Performance Center reserved exclusively for top athletes, sports clubs, partners and friends of the brand;
- Gold’s Gym Academy, a training and education institute for fitness trainers and head coaches of the Gold’s Gym brand, Gold’s Gym franchise owners and external interested parties seeking Gold’s Gym’s proven fitness expertise;
- And more.
“While many fitness brands spent the past year pivoting away from brick-and-mortar gyms as a result of the pandemic, RSG Group spent time and resources designing the perfect gym for a post-COVID world,” said RSG Group North America President and Gold’s Gym CEO Sebastian Schoepe. “It’s only fitting that the iconic Gold’s Gym brand would be the one to bring this vision to life, and we anticipate more big things to come in this next chapter of Gold’s Gym’s global fitness legacy.”
SOURCE Gold's Gym
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances