Leading Metal Talent Contest ‘Metal My Way’ Launches July 1st
Contest Honors Work of Talented Welders, Fabricators, Metal-Workers and Artists with Photo and Video Submission Contest
June 30, 2021 // Franchising.com // MISSISSAUGA, Ontario - Metal Supermarkets, the world’s largest supplier of small-quantity metals, announced today the launch of its ninth annual Metal My Way contest.
Metal My Way is a photo and video submission contest that provides an opportunity for metal professionals and hobbyists alike to showcase their creativity through inventive projects. From July 1 through July 31, 2021, entrants can submit a photo or video of their metal project for a chance to win one of eight coveted prizes. The contest is sponsored by KAMA, Cosen Saws, Space Aid Manufacturing and OMAX, with Metal Supermarkets as the title sponsor.
“Our team is always excited to review the innovative submissions we receive through the Metal My Way contest. It offers an opportunity to celebrate the talented metal workers and hobbyists that Metal Supermarkets works with daily,” said Stephen Schober, President and CEO of Metal Supermarkets. “This year, we’re especially excited to announce a new category for the Metal My Way contest: Student Projects. We’ll be highlighting projects from high school, college or university students who share our passion for metal working. We have always been unwavering as to the importance of introducing more young people to the trade industries, and this new category will help us do that.”
The contest will be awarding two grand prizes to the best overall projects, with the winners receiving an EV 88 Portable Benchtop KAMA Bandsaw. Six secondary prizes will be awarded to individual category winners, with each person receiving a Husky 46-inch 9-Drawer Mobile Workbench with Solid Wood Top. The categories are as follows:
- Vehicle Projects: Car restorations/modifications, engine work, trailer and camper builds, plane builds or restorations, boat builds or restorations, motorized scooter, bike and buggy builds, etc.
- Artistic & Design Projects: Jewelry, statues, sculptures, guitars, etc.
- Furniture & Home Projects: Outdoor and indoor furniture.
- Industrial or Shop Projects: Shop equipment and tool builds, large-scale construction projects or specific aspects of those projects, equipment and tool repair or modification, etc.
- Knives Projects: Knives, swords, blades, etc.
- Student Projects: Projects developed by high school, college or university students. This includes engineering projects, robotics projects, etc.
The grand prizes and category winners will be selected from qualifying projects once the contest closes. The selection committee, which is made up of Metal Supermarkets staff, will consider criteria including complexity, detail and intricacy; scale; uniqueness and creativity; craftmanship; quantity of metal used; and ingenuity when selecting the winners. Entrants can submit multiple projects to the Metal My Way contest, but are only eligible to win one prize.
SOURCE Metal Supermarkets
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business